Keep on Truckin Natural!..Or Texturizer ?! Help Advice ANYTHING =/

grownnsexy

Ok well im in between 3b/3c natural. Ive natural for a year now :yay:. My protective style is weavessss :heart3::heart3:. I took out my last install last nite and my hair is dryyyyyyyyyyy :cry: i have lotsss and lotss of ssk. my hair consist of mostly coils w/ one curly strand in the back which i jus love :lachen:. I am not to excity about my shrinkage thou :ohwell: soo im really considering getting a texturizer (maybe the Jus For me Texture Softener) so that i wont have alot of shrinkage in maybe it can embrance my curls& coils :gorgeous:. What cha think? anyyy advice & help is welcomed

Shrinkage comes with the territory girl, you can keep it stretched (braidouts, twistouts, blowouts, rollersets), or flat iron it. However its really something that you can't run away from totally. If you feel keeping it stretched is too much work, then I guess a texturizer may be better for you.

Thanks girl ^ ! I did like my rollerset I had in it before, my hair was thickkkk :lick:. But the summer is approaching and soon as water hits it, My hangtime goes bye bye :nono: i think i mite jus go down texture softener avenue :sekret:

I've had enough of SSKs and splits. I'm now going to try LHDCs regimen of washing and blowdrying once a month...you could try that too. Or before installing your weaves blowdry your hair...don't get a texturiser...

Thanks girl ^ ! I did like my rollerset I had in it before, my hair was thickkkk :lick:. But the summer is approaching and soon as water hits it, My hangtime goes bye bye :nono: i think i mite jus go down texture softener avenue :sekret:

As with any texture altering chemical treatment, think carefully about it first. Its a long transition if you hate it (unless you wanna cut it off at one time). But if you're really sure, go for it.

Last edited:
Austro-afrikana-Ive saw a couple of post about blowdrying to get rid of ssks. I think i will try that, (ive been running away from heat lately :lachen::lol:). but thankss both ladies :drunk:

I've BC'd, grown my hair natural, only to tex or relax and regret it more than once- I definitely know how difficult the ssk's can be when you're hair gets long- I would recommend wigging it and moisturizing/co-washing daily and see how that works as opposed to texturizing. Once you do it, its no going back- so make sure all options have been exhausted - speaking from experience! I know so much more now about caring for my hair than I did when I first BCd years ago, relaxed, bc'd again- relaxed again- etc. Good luck:rolleyes:

yeah, shrinkage is not going to go away. theres a post that was made recently asking about shrinkage and even women with wl and mbl hair shrinks up to shoulder length. if your main concern is showing length and having no shrinkage, natural is not for you.

Back