K.I.S.S. Challenge

blackbarbie

K-eep
I-t
S-imple
S-ister
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since joining the board 4 months ago, I have come across some very good information on techniques and products and through everything I have come across, what I have found is that the simpler my routine is, the better results I get. I mean, when I first started on the board, I did and tried a lot of things (products and techniques) but now that the cold weather has come and i have gone back to washing and conditioning once a week (what I did many, many years ago when my hair flourished), my hair is still doing as well as it did when I was doing my CW every few days and using quite a few products.

I will challenge myself to stick to a select few products that I have realized that work well for my hair (even found that when I added other products to this staple of products, I still got the same results, so why waste extra products and extra money?)....This includes my routine of shampooing once weekly with CON shampoo, doing a deep conditioning treatment, using my protein reconstructor once a week (doing the heavy protein treatment every 6 weeks), rollersetting and moisturizing daily with NTM Silk Touch. I just think training my hair and not taking it through too many changes (trying something different every week) will probably yield better results.

I have convinced myself that I will not only stretch past 16 weeks, but muster up the courage to go natural, so I am sticking to this challenge for at least 4 months until my NG gets to the stage where I have to change the routine.

Anyone else here feel like they need to take a self evaluation and go on a K.I.S.S. challenge?

I'll do it :) This year I decided that I really don't want to do too much. Just put moisture in my hair like I should and watch it grow. I mean, i WOULD like to up my growth rate to 0.75" or 1" per month, but as of right now... I don't really fee like doing too much.

What I will do:
*wash twice a week, use my leave ins, etc (basically follow my regimen)
*Exercise, since that's on the schedule for the new year
*IF NEEDED, rinse my hair daily to wash out sweat <<- this here is what is making my regimen complicated
*Take my multivitamin everyday... I keep thinking that if I add more vits, I'll get faster growth, but I really can't take swallowing all these pills
*I won't stretch past 14 weeks... too much work for me :ohwell:

This is my regimen:
Weekly:

-Pre-shampoo with hot oil treatment when hair feels dry
-Shampoo with Nexxus Therappe (clarify every 3 weeks)
-Protein conditioner every two weeks with Nexxus Keraphix with EVOO
-Condition with Nexxus Humectress
** 8 weeks post+, use Paul Mitchell The Detangler**

- Put Rusk Smoother + Giovanni Direct and/or Nexxus Headress on hair and comb through

-(IF) Roller-set hair with Placenta
-Once dry, moisturize with Motions Oil Moisturizer

Daily:

-Moisturize hair with Motions oil moisturizer
-If ends feel dry, spritz with water and oil with Evoo
-Tie hair with scarf at night
--------
I find it pretty simple to do, instead of having specific things to do each week.

I agree. I am still going to be meticulous about the things I do incorporate into my routine, but its just that I won't be changing it up every few days when a new product or new discovery comes out. I think I have found what works, so I will just let it work!

CarLiTa said:
I'll do it :) This year I decided that I really don't want to do too much. Just put moisture in my hair like I should and watch it grow. I mean, i WOULD like to up my growth rate to 0.75" or 1" per month, but as of right now... I don't really fee like doing too much.

What I will do:
*wash twice a week, use my leave ins, etc (basically follow my regimen)
*Exercise, since that's on the schedule for the new year
*IF NEEDED, rinse my hair daily to wash out sweat <<- this here is what is making my regimen complicated
*Take my multivitamin everyday... I keep thinking that if I add more vits, I'll get faster growth, but I really can't take swallowing all these pills
*I won't stretch past 14 weeks... too much work for me :ohwell:

This is my regimen:
Weekly:

-Pre-shampoo with hot oil treatment when hair feels dry
-Shampoo with Nexxus Therappe (clarify every 3 weeks)
-Protein conditioner every two weeks with Nexxus Keraphix with EVOO
-Condition with Nexxus Humectress
** 8 weeks post+, use Paul Mitchell The Detangler**

- Put Rusk Smoother + Giovanni Direct and/or Nexxus Headress on hair and comb through

-(IF) Roller-set hair with Placenta
-Once dry, moisturize with Motions Oil Moisturizer

Daily:

-Moisturize hair with Motions oil moisturizer
-If ends feel dry, spritz with water and oil with Evoo
-Tie hair with scarf at night
--------
I find it pretty simple to do, instead of having specific things to do each week.

I'll do it too :yep:. Moisture is my main concern for 2006. I got the BC yesterday & ladies my hair is extremely dry(I was deep conditioning & moisturizing like crazy these last couple of months :confused: ).

I plan on CW 5 days a week b/c I will be going to the gym w/the DH M-F(call this our bonding time :D ) & deep conditioning once a week. After each CW apply leave- in, s curl & asha's omega oil and that's it.

Last edited:
Back