K.I.S.S. Challenge Update #1

sillygurl18

Hey ladies! How have you been doing on this challenge?

I stuck with what I said I was going to do but next month I will be keeping my hair braided. I braided my hair yesterday and am going to try to keep my hair braided until the end of the year redoing them once a month. I have never done this before and my hair needs a break especially since it's getting cold already where I live.

My regimen will change slightly:

I won't be CW my hair daily while I'm in braids, but I will wash and condition my hair weekly.

So ladies:

1. Have you noticed any changes in your hair?

2. What have you learned in the past month about your hair that you didn't know or needed to be reminded of?

3. Will you change anything in your regimen?

I stuck with what I said I was going to do as well, with the exception on straighten my hair last night.

My hair was twisted up all month. For the remainder of the year I will wear twists and braids. I am planning on getting some cornrows with added hair next weekend and hopefully with enough care they will last the remaining three weeks of October. So I will wear braids for 2-3 weeks and take them out and twist my own hair for 2 weeks and go back to braids etc. I will still wash every week to week and a half when in braids and moisturize with braid spray.

1. My hair is really growing and dryness is not an issue for me.

2.I learned that I don't need a million products for my hair to grow. I am happy to say I am no longer a PJ. I gave all my products that were not being used away to my mom and neice and threw out the rest.

3.My regimen will stay the same except for using braid spray to keep my braids moist, but when my hair is twisted my regimen will be the same.

Hey sillygurl18 & chocolate01 :wave: Nice growing ladies. :woot:

Things are going great with this challenge. Here's my regimen:

Morning-Spray hair with water and a quarter size of Suave gel (no alcohol).
Night-CW with Suave Coconut Conditioner or Garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner (for fine hair).
Moisturizer-Black N' Sassy Caribbean Crème

My hair is thriving off of this. :dance7:

Note: Ever since I started this challenge, I've noticed that less is more, the product junkie is under control :sekret:, and I no longer shampoo my hair. :nono: I'm more aware of what my hair loves. :yep: For the most part my regimen will stay the same but I might be changing my brands of conditioners for my CW. :grin:

Last edited:
Good job ladies! I'm not so anxious to get a new shampoo like I was before. I have shampoo to last me a while. I'm going to use all of my shampoo before I buy more. I might not have to buy shampoo for a long while.

1. Have you noticed any changes in your hair?

Its retaining moisture a lot more.

2. What have you learned in the past month about your hair that you didn't know or needed to be reminded of?
It needs to stay moisturized and not handeled often.

3. Will you change anything in your regimen?
Not right now-so far so good! :)

Hi Ladies:wave:
I continue to focus on simplicity but my routine still keeps changing. I think I'm a little wishy washy because I am still trying to figure out what works best with my texturized hair. I flat-ironed it a couple of weeks ago and it lasted for the week and was really easy to maintain, I hardly did anything to it. This week I'm back to a wash and go and it's just that my hair needs moisture but the conditioner washes sometimes seem to be too much for my hair. What's worked for me the last few times I washed was I used a little CON (green label), detangled with my fingers, used Mane & Tail Con (moisturizer/texturizer) and hot six oil as leave-ins. Then I have to leave it alone. That's the hard part, because if I pick it while wet I lose a lot of hair and once it's dry I have to kind just fluff it and leave it alone. Right now I'm just washing every 2 or 3 days.

One of my problems is that my hair is the driest in the nape area, so the hair itself would love it if I kept it wet with s-curl, etc., but the problem is that my scalp in that area and my neck area are extremely sensitive and break out and itch like crazy if I leave condioner or s-curl on in that area for too long. So I just do my best with light moisture and oil on a daily basis and try to leave it alone as much as possible.

Overall I am pleased with my progress.

sillygurl18 said:
Good job ladies! I'm not so anxious to get a new shampoo like I was before. I have shampoo to last me a while. I'm going to use all of my shampoo before I buy more. I might not have to buy shampoo for a long while.

Good for you sillygurl. I know I'm sticking with my CON.

Great job ladies and keep up the good work! :) :) :)

As for me, I am still doing good with this challange. I still do a big wash every Wednesday and do a CO wash on Sunday. When I do my big wash, I shampoo with Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo next I do a hot oil treat with Aphogee Evening Primpose Oil then I deep condition with ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pack and if I am not feeling lazy I usually rollerset my hair. But if I am feeling lazy then I just twist my hair into bantu knots. So far so good.
Oh after I wash my hair, I always oil my scalp with WGHO.

As of right now, I am about 14 weeks post relaxer, and might I add that this is the first time I have ever stretch a relaxer. Honestly it doesnt even look like I am 14 weeks post relaxer. It looks like 6 weeks. I contribute that to the WGHO :) That is one of my staple products. I am also lovin this kinky feeling of my hair now that I havent relaxed in a while, makes me almost want to go natural.

Back