Just wondering can adults use products made for children?

Girl that's just a regular ol' relaxer isn't it? Just some clever marketing like the Just for Me stuff.

However I don't think there's any problem with using things products that say they are made for children. A lot of times these products are unfragranced and don't contain some harsh products, which I appreciate.

I think there's more worry about doing the opposite situation: using products on children that may be too harsh for them (better for adults).

prettyinpurple said:
Girl that's just a regular ol' relaxer isn't it. Just some clever marketing like the Just for Me stuff
hehe it looks like a texturizer

It looks nice and I'd probably be in the market for it if I hadn't learned to get my curls to behave.

I buy things marketed to whoever, just as long as it has something in it I'll like, and if the "alternate" market is cheaper than the one marketed towards me I'll get it. People probably think I'm a nutcase because I buy the L'Oreal Men's face scrub versus the microdermabrasion one.

Now Curlee_Lurker has a point about buying some men's products. They can be cheaper. Just have to make sure it doesn't smell like cologne lol.

I saw a suggestion about buying the moisturizers from the men's line at Clinique -- same ingredients and cheaper.

prettyinpurple said:
I saw a suggestion about buying the moisturizers from the men's line at Clinique -- same ingredients and cheaper.
The L'Oreal scrub is the same ingredients as the set's scrub. The men's one was $5 a bottle and the set is like $20 and it comes with a terrible moisturizer.

It's a better bet on razors too.

My stylist relaxes my hair most of the time with PCJ No Lye Conditioning Formula for Children. Has used it for years. It's gentler for my hair. My hair does not like the stronger relaxers.

Back