Just wanted to show you guys my first

skegeesmb

Going natural inspiration.

I hope that she doesn't kill me, but Portae99 was one of my main reasons for going natural. I was a member of BHSGO back in 99-00 (sexy178), and I remember when she said she was going to go natural. I wanted to go natural and had started to transition in 99, but I got a touch up. I went natural 2 years later. But her hair is fabulous. I wish I could find pictures when she first started out with a beautiful short twa. But I just wanted to give her a little shout out. And for members who knew her back on the old site, here's what she looks like now (hasn't changed too much).

Miss Portae

Wow, I can see why this would be an inspiration to go natural. Her hair is beautiful and the bun in the last pics was awesome, I kept trying to figure out how long that braid would be if it was hanging straight. It looked like it would be past her waist.

ITA. Simply beautiful.
smile.gif

I think that is her mother. Her hair is almost 21 inches. She's on a mission to grow it out. I should've asked her to come here!

I still love her hair. That is her current length now? And please, find out how that bun was accomplished. It's awesome
grin.gif

Her hair looks great. Just goes to show you that some women should have never relaxed their hair in the first place.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Hi guys!
I'm actually a member here, I just "lurk" more than I post. Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments. As for the bun, I did it on my mom, and her hair is incredible. It's heavy 3b curls that are between her bra strap and waist when stretched. If you're looking for step by step instructions on that bun, along with a host of other cool styles, please check out dreamweaverbraiding.com, and go to the section entitled "braiding instructions." There are lots of awesome ideas for protective styling.

Again, thank you for all of your kind words. I'm also adding a new pic to my album, so check it out and let me know if you have any questions about going natural, my routine, etc.
smile.gif

I like your twist in the last picture. Did you blow dry your hair to do the twist? Also, what do you use to twist your hair? Is the last picture a twist out?

Thanks, your hair looks lovely.

Hey Skeegee
wave.gif

She is a nice inspiration but then so are you. Your hair is growing very nicely. It is just beautiful.
smile.gif
Keep up the great work!

Teva, I twisted my hair damp. I used a little Conair twisting contraption that I got at Walgreens. It makes really tight twists because it individually twists the separate sections before twisting them together.

Back