Just wanted to say....

BlackLottus

...What a nice website. It seems you all have a "live and let live" policy when it comes to hair choices. Even with that type of atmosphere I don't see foolish posts like "how can I make my hair look mixed?" I used to visit a lot of hair sites on the regular about 2 years ago, but eventually my interest fell off as:

A) I got over my little "hair obsession" and just learned to take care of my hair and let it be, and

B) when I saw how highly political and devisive the natural/relaxer/texturizer hairboards where becoming. I think the breaking point was a post I read that declared any woman of african descent who combed her hair to be "no longer natural"
nuts.gif
There are a lot of issues in life that need and warrent intense critique, revolutionary tactics and scathing messageboard flames...I guess for me hair just falls pretty low on that list.

Any how, I wanted to say hello to everyone
wave.gif
and I apoligize in advance for not posting often, because I am hella busy. My sister told me about this board (thanx chica). The pictures look great...healthy hair in any form is always beautiful.

Sincerely,

BlackLottus

Welcome to LHCF! Your post is right on target. For the most part, this board is harmonious.

Love that first statement in your signature line. I believe in that wholeheartedly.

Hi BlackLottus
wave.gif
Welcome
cool.gif

Who is your sister? Is she a member? Is her handle "chica" or were u just merely thanking her?... Sorry for all of the questions just being ummm, nosey
laugh.gif
!

I totally agree. When I learned of this board, I assumed it would be aimed at relaxed girls and didn't expect to find many naturals, but was glad to be wrong. The mutual respect I see here (or at least mutual tolerance
wink.gif
) is hugely appealing. Maintaining such a delicate balance on the potentially divisive issue of how we wear our hair takes work and attention, for which I thank the community. As much as we need (and I appreciate) specific hair-type sites, it's equally important to have an accepting and supportive place for ALL Black women to share. Bravo, ladies!

Welcome Blacklottus! This board is great at diversity. I know how you feel though. Some of the other sites I used to visit got down right vicious about being natural versus relaxed. We try to co-habitat here and I personally pick up tips from both sides of the spectrum. Is that you in the pic?

Ahhh, see what I mean? (feelin the love)

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Hey Peachtree. My sister actually goes to school with you
wink.gif
I'm not sure if she's registered...I just always call her "chica"
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi sweetcocoa, yes it is.
And I agree, the sharing of ideas from various sources is what makes a good website rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair is beautiful! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your routine.

See, I never forget a face....

I thought I recognized that avatar pic
wink.gif
. "Yesiam" as she is known here... I just luv her... she is sooooo sweet. She was my "lil sis" in class
smile.gif
. She has shown me your other pics.... ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL
smile.gif

Ok, I gotta send u a PM... be on the look out
cool.gif

Welcome BlackLottus
wave.gif

Yes, this forum is very diverse in hair texture and goals...We all want healthy, great looking hair and length doesn't hurt either, at least for me.
smile.gif

Welcome BlackLottus,

Your hair is beautiful and I'm sure you'll get lots of great tips from this friendly, harmonious website.

I understand your prior frustrations from the other hairboards. I've been there too and some of those posts can get quite ugly. Life is too short to debate about hair. We did have a few here that tried to disrupt the peace, but I don't see "them" here anymore.

Hi BlackLotus
wave.gif

Welcome to the LHCF. The ladies on this forum are very helpful and LHCF has a real nice atmosphere. And I agree with you. The respect of ppls choices whether natural or relaxed is the main reason I joined.

Glad to have you with us, and I'm looking forward to your posts. BTW, your hair is GORGEOUS. I can't wait to hear about your haircare regimen
smile.gif

Welcome to the boards, BTW your hair is gorgeus,please don't be shy and share the regime.

Welcome BlackLotus!
wave.gif

You have beautiful hair.
Yes there is a lot of love and support on the board and it is exactly what we need to stay incouraged.

Thanks to each and everyone for the great welcome! and the hair compliments!

I promise to post a regimen as soon as I get a moment. BTW Is there a thread just for regimens?

Peachtree, Thanks for the PM, I sent a reply
wink.gif

Talk to y'all soon....

Hello and welcome to the board!
wave.gif

There is an "updated regimen" thread, but you can post it here if you want. I'm looking forward to checking it out, too. Your hair looks great!

Welcome!

And yes--the atmosphere on this board is such that I didn't even know there was an "issue" between natural and relaxed women until a "troll" came in one day and had negative things to say about the relaxed women.

It's all good on LHCF--relaxed or natural, we're the HHH's (Healthy Hair Homies
grin.gif
)

BTW, I agree with everyone--your hair is fabulous
smile.gif

Welcome to the board, Blacklottus! Hurry up and post your regimen ok BTW your hair is the bomb

Back