just saying hello

suncypress

hi all! just wanted to say hello--even though i joined the site a while ago i never introduced myself. i know i've seen a few of you all on the LHC and NC boards, too.

my hair story in a nutshell is that as a child i had a lot of thick, natural hair, which i relaxed at about age 14. by age 18 i had done my first big chop, though, and wore my hair in a TWA (and even shaved bald) for about two and a half yrs. then grew it out between ages 20 and 22/23, after which i did my next BC--my hair is so thick that when it gets close to shoulder length i just get tired of it and cut it! (i know, for shame). /images/graemlins/naughty.gif i wore it like that for 2 years or so. finally in 2001 was my last use of the clippers and i began growing again. this time when i got to shoulder length i chose to get a texturizer (after over 10 years natural) for more ease in taking care of my longer hair. so far it's been great and has allowed me to consider growing to BSL.

anyway, you women are an inspiration and i just wanted to greet everyone and say i'm looking forward to posting more! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Your hair is beautiful.
35.gif

Welcome back and welcome to the world of posting.

Girl where have you been hiding??? Your hair is just gorgeous /images/graemlins/clap.gif, keep up the great look! and also Welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Howdy! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Girl, with hair like that, why have you been lurking. Jump on in here and share some tips. /images/graemlins/fan.gif

Your hair is beautiful, I love big hair /images/graemlins/love.gif

I like your braidout, but have you considered doing a twist-out? It'll mirror your natural curl pattern more than a braid-out (braid-outs tend to look more crimpy, while twistouts give more a wave effect). Try it I think you'll like it and it'll look beautiful on you.

thanks for all the compliments, y'all! i am blushing--i love this site! /images/graemlins/love.gif

ms_kenesha, i used to do twist outs all the time back in my 100% natural days, but i am SO LAZY that i can't sit still for twists much anymore. even the braids for that braidout would be wearing me out! though i experienced so much growth this summer wearing braidouts. after my second texturizer, my favorite style is now a french roll/twist, b/c i can do it in 30 seconds flat... but maybe i will have to try twists again, especially in the last month or two before my next touch up.

anyway thanks again yall for the love! don't worry i will be running my mouth aplenty now that i done paid my dues! you'll probably get tired of me! /images/graemlins/user.gif

Re: Hello!

Hello /images/graemlins/wave.gif I like big hair too...your hair looks great!

whoa...!!!! you have one beautiful head of hair!!!!!!! I love it.... /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/wave.gif
You're doing a great job with your hair, it looks great. Keep up the good work!

Hey, Suncy /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Nice to see ya over here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hey everyone, thanks again for the great welcome (and the compliments)! i'm so happy to be in the company of so many gorgeous black women with such beautiful and well-cared-for hair. /images/graemlins/clap.gif btw, alliyah4eva, who is that sista in your signature? she is almost my hair twin!

Back