Just put Neem Oil in my hair...

I put some in my dc once. My head stanked for a week :)

Wash it really good, OP! Your hair will be soft afterwards if your hair is like mine.

i love what it does for my scalp. i use neem and peppermint oil in my pre poo mix and it works like a charm and the peppermint helps mask the smell a LITTLE lol

I agree...that stuff absolutely stinks. I stopped using it earlier in the year after one or two uses so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness, but I'm willing to give it another go. I would only be using it as part of a pre-poo, though.

My condolences. :notworthy

I bought neem oil after some lady at Whole Foods told me it was great for nail growth when I was struggling to grow my nails.

Lawd ha'mercy! The stench when you opened the bottle was so bad I could've sworn I heard skunks cuss. :thud: I tried to be brave and apply it to my nails chanting "good things are worth making sacrifices for" but :nono: couldn't stand it. My hands were nowhere near my nose but the smell was unbearable. The stuff was not easy to wash off either IIRC--or maybe it was my overactive imagination freaking out that I'd never get rid of it. :nono:

Let's just say the bottle was never opened again coz that alone is bad enough. Y'all are some brave women to put that stuff on you head (Oh the horror of doing that to sacred hair!)...or you're a bunch of crazy loonies in need of serious help. :lol:

Lamaravilla, just a guess but I believe Amazon has e'rything. Guess you're a sucker for punishment eh?

Lamaraville, just a guess but I believe Amazon has e'rything. Guess you're a sucker for punishment eh?

My reasoning is if it smells that bad it's got to be good for you :lol:
Plus I use the neem soap from Chagrin Valleys and it works wonders on my skin, funny thing is it doesn't smell at all.

Lamaravilla, if that is your reasoning ("if it smells bad it must be good for use") then please do not tell me what it is you use poop for. :ill:

Lamara, I speak from the perspective of somebody that has smelled both skunk and neem oil
They really are comparable, although I don't think you can smell neem from a mile away
It stinks

My condolences. :notworthy

I bought neem oil after some lady at Whole Foods told me it was great for nail growth when I was struggling to grow my nails.

Lawd ha'mercy! The stench when you opened the bottle was so bad I could've sworn I heard skunks cuss. :thud: I tried to be brave and apply it to my nails chanting "good things are worth making sacrifices for" but :nono: couldn't stand it. My hands were nowhere near my nose but the smell was unbearable. The stuff was not easy to wash off either IIRC--or maybe it was my overactive imagination freaking out that I'd never get rid of it. :nono:

Let's just say the bottle was never opened again coz that alone is bad enough. Y'all are some brave women to put that stuff on you head (Oh the horror of doing that to sacred hair!)...or you're a bunch of crazy loonies in need of serious help. :lol:
Lmao so funny haha! :D

Back