Just picked up a bottle of glycerin...what should I do with it!?

LawyerBarbie07

Hi all! I happened to pass a bottle of glycerin at the pharmacy today and I picked it up because I know you ladies have come up with some incredible concoctions using it...I just can't remember any of them!

Anyone have any idea how I should use mine to help my dry hair?

Good question- I passed by a bottle of it today (the first time I've seen it in my daily wanderings) and I almost picked it up- but then I didn't because I have soo many other products i need to use up first.

I'll be checking this thread for ideas though- cause I can definitely go back to buy the glycerin. My hair tends to be dry too.

I mix mine with water and spray on new growth and my ends then seal with a light oil.

You can also mix it with lotion for extra moisturizing properties. I don't remember who told me this (it was on this board) but it's the TRUTH! :yep:

I mix mine with water, a good Leave in and rosermary oil. I use it once a day when Im in twists for a growth aid I add MN.

Thanks ladies! Great recipes so far...keep them coming!

So water is definitely a must with this stuff? Atleast thats free! lol....

Does it weigh your hair down?

I found this recipe on google....glycerin with grape seed oil, honey and aloe vera gel....that sounds interesting but I have no idea where to find two of those three additions!

Wow, I just bought some today too!

I want to use it in a daily leave-in conditioning spray. But does it clog pores or build-up?

I haven't had any problem with build up at all. It doesn't weigh my hair down but it will make the new growth poof up :yep: :lol:

It's very softening (I just used a little glycerin and in water and a little oil...grapeseed is the latest choice). I just wish I could figure out how to avoid gettnig it on my neck because it's kind of sticky.

K...I must be looking in the wrong aisles or something cus I can never find the stuff!:wallbash:

Exactly where would I look if I were to go to a pharmacy or supermarket?

K...I must be looking in the wrong aisles or something cus I can never find the stuff!:wallbash:

Exactly where would I look if I were to go to a pharmacy or supermarket?

Its in the pharmacy section by the first aid stuff.

I baught some the other day and it makes my hair soft. I was so amazed.

You know what, I passed by some glycerin yesterday... but I passed it up... I didn't know If I really needed it..... any recipies anyone? Let me know!

Glycerin is one of the ingredients that I use in my homemade spritz. I use glycerin, water, leave-in, CD hair milk, and some EO's. I spritz with this daily.

Back