Just Out of Curiosity.......

Gr8ness83

..... Is anyone planning on cutting/trimming their hair for the Spring Equino (tomorrow)? If so then why? Do you notice a difference in growth, health, retention? My hair is in braids now so I can't do it for the Spring Equinox but I hope to be able to do it for the Summer Solstice or the Fall Equinox, most likely the Fall Equinox since I am trying to keep my braids in until July.

I am. I've followed the Moroccan method where cutting on certain days helps with lengthening, thickening, "root work", and strengthening. There's a thread on the effect others have noticed for it. I can say that when I was growing my hair out when I first joined the forum I was cutting closely to the schedule and it *seemed* to help, but I was taking way better care of my hair than I ever have. Also I would trim areas based on what help I thought it needed, like trimming my edges during thickening days. I'm sure that focusing on these areas specifically helped, since they were unhealthy, it probably needed some trimming. I've trimmed during the last few solstices and I can't say I've noticed a huge effect.

There's certainly no scientific explanation for any effects except that it helps you keep a regular trimming schedule.

..... Is anyone planning on cutting/trimming their hair for the Spring Equino (tomorrow)? If so then why? Do you notice a difference in growth, health, retention? My hair is in braids now so I can't do it for the Spring Equinox but I hope to be able to do it for the Summer Solstice or the Fall Equinox, most likely the Fall Equinox since I am trying to keep my braids in until July.

I have a TWA. I'm trying to savor every inched I gained since January. I don't see any trimming in my future this year. No reason too especially since I'm not using heat :lol:

Back