Just Had a Cute Moment In the Library

BlackMasterPiece

Okay so I walked into the library on campus and as I was walking to sit down on a bench I saw a beautiful dark skinned girl who was rockin the most well moisturized beautiful twa so naturally I said "I LOVE your hair!" she looked a little bewildered but smiled and said thanks! so then I sat down on the bench next to her and started typing away on my laptop and surfing the net.

Then I overheard part of her cell phone convo.....she's Haitian and was speaking in creole and probably thought I wasn't Haitian:rolleyes: so she said to her friend in Haitian Creole paraphrasing: "Yon bel fi fenk di m konsa ke mwen gen bel cheve epe l gen cheve k a tonbe sou do l!!" Translation: This girl just walked up to me and told me how I have pretty hair and she has hair all the way down her back! I was like :blush3: merci! (thanks!) she turned to me and was like say word! I was like yea I'm Haitian too:giggle:...lol

It was a really cute moment....I've noticed lately when I stop girls I see with beautiful coils or TWA's or BAA's and say "I love your hair!" they'll look at me kinda almost confused for a sec and say thanks and kinda look down shyly or I'll get wow, thanks! lol anyone else notice this?:look: lol

Anywhoo I thought it was a cute moment and I would share:grin:

LOL, cute. Yeah I guess the evolution of people genuinely complimenting natural do's hasn't fully caught on.

Sidebar - my friend had a similar story with regards to her talking about another woman when she thought the woman couldn't understand. Just like you, the woman understood everything! And what my friend has said was not in the least pretty lol.

:yep:, that was cute, i love seeing natural black hair as well, but havent seen any that has wowed me, except on here. :look:
I love your hair by the way, just about to PM you

AWWWW that is so cute...empi thats it:yep:....tout moun bezwen bel itswa kon sa pou bay nou lespwa.....geyen bon moun na lavi sa:angel:

So happy to see other beautiful haitian women on here....its so tough in our culture to be individuals :wallbash::wallbash:: and still pa bliye ki moun ou ye!

Thanks for the story...brightened up my day and i'm sure many others!!!:circle:

I'm that girl with the TWA, that when complimented, looks confused for a second then gives a sincere "Thank you".

I'm a zoo animal on parade around my parts, wearing natural hair. I only get compliments when I drive 3 hours to America's 3rd largest city. I'm not looking for them (compliments) as I never expect them, so they catch me completely off guard.

Normally, I'm busy trying to ignore the head shaking, eye-bucking and lip-curls of disgust I usually receive.

That's cute...it made me smile ! My friends/family do that to me sometimes. If I am with someone and they approach me, they will check first if my friend understands patois before they start a convo....

I can imagine the look on her face when you gave her a compliment, and you understand creole...:lachen:

I TRIED to tell this girl I loved her natural big 4b (it was big and wild) hair but I don't think she bought it OR maybe she simply didn't hear me :S

AWKWARD

lol

I'm that girl with the TWA, that when complimented, looks confused for a second then gives a sincere "Thank you".

I'm a zoo animal on parade around my parts, wearing natural hair. I only get compliments when I drive 3 hours to America's 3rd largest city. I'm not looking for them (compliments) as I never expect them, so they catch me completely off guard.

Normally, I'm busy trying to ignore the head shaking, eye-bucking and lip-curls of disgust I usually receive.
:ohwell: And I would be the one telling you how beautiful you and your hair are! :bighug:

There is a woman here who I have complimented several times on her hair - either an afro or she had twists. Every time, she has given me a suspicious look - like she can't believe it is a sincere compliment.

I always admire other people's hair from a distance. I saw one woman yesterday getting off the train with the most beautiful 4b hair. I wanted to say soemthing, but people here have attitudes and I'm afraid they'll either look at me like I'm crazy or look at me like what the hell do you want LOL

What a cute story BMP. I was in the local BSS last week and saw another natural with a baa. All I could do was stare at how fluffy and beautiful it was. So after I picked up what I came for.She ended up in line behind me and I told her how beautiful I thought her hair was.She seemed surprised that I complented her hair. I told her underneath the short wig I was sportin',that I too had afro. I try to acknowledge or compliment any naturals I come acrossin my comings,and goings.You never know you might say a kind word to lift someone's spirit.

yeah well they wont be doing that for very much longer

they will be too busy eating crow and wanting to know how you got your hair so long, thick and healty

just a matter of time girl

just a matter of time

You really do live up to your username, OP. That was really nice of ya. In real life, I'm so used to hearing women tearing each other down, that to hear a compliment like that would confuse me too, Especially from someone as pretty as you. As a matter of fact, I'd be all suspicious wondering if you're about to suckerpunch me or something, lol! Hey, its the Brooklyn/Haitian in me, sa-w bezwen nan tet mwen, heh?:lachen:

But seriously, you seem like a beautiful person. Keep it strong, lady. I love it!!

^^^lmfaooo!!:lachen::lachen::rofl::lol::lachen:

I love to compliment beautiful coils when I see them though, even if its one inch of a twa I'll come up to the lady tap her on the shoulder and say "I LOVE YOUR HAIR! SO GORGEOUS!!" and alota times they'll look at me like.....Huh?:look: and say thanks eventually with like a kinda confused demeanor for a while there I was like hmmm...thats odd:scratchch:lachen:...still doesn't stop me from giving props tho:cool2: just expressing how I feel and hoping to help someone along in their natural journey:yep:

Oh oh, m'pat konnen ou te ayisien non?! More reasons to love u :) Cute story! I too try to compliment as many ladies as possible when they have beautiful hair, especially natural hair.

You really do live up to your username, OP. That was really nice of ya. In real life, I'm so used to hearing women tearing each other down, that to hear a compliment like that would confuse me too, Especially from someone as pretty as you. As a matter of fact, I'd be all suspicious wondering if you're about to suckerpunch me or something, lol! Hey, its the Brooklyn/Haitian in me, sa-w bezwen nan tet mwen, heh?:lachen:

But seriously, you seem like a beautiful person. Keep it strong, lady. I love it!!

I just had to come in here and say I totally agree - you have such a wonderful energy about you, BMP. :yep: That's something that this board needs and I find it really refreshing. :yep:

I must say, it's such a rarity to see a Black woman, regardless of ethnicity, sporting a healthy head of hair that whether she's natural or relaxed I compliment her. :yep: Even some of the natural heads around me look like Buckwheat, and I'm not even being mean. I'm just being real. It's amazing how many women are undereducated about the specific needs presented by highly textured hair. :nono:

Back