JUST GOT A FOTKI ACCOUNT (PICS)

tsturnbu

hey guys. i just got a fotki account. i have been on the board for years, and just became internet savvy. please check out my page.

Last edited:
*I came runnin when I realized it was you....thanks for the fotki heads up!!!!

Gawwwwwjeous hair!!! Dang! :love:

*awaits regimen feedback. just being nosy...:look:

Sure

I actually swear by the Corwn Glory method.

I wash once per week. I shampoo with CON shampoo (green and white bottle) and then condition with Queen Helene cholesterol (leave on overnight).

I then air dry, without combing. when it is almost dry, i detangle (seamless comb) with salerm 21. I then put about 12 magnetic rollers in my hair to get it nice and flat. once it is fully dry, I only flat iron the crown of my hair to get a nice sleek look, but underneath it is still poofy so it looks like I have thick hair. This has definitely worked for me.

WHen I dont wear my hair out, I am in braids (half corn rows-front, half box brAids-back). I put braids in my hair at least once a year and keep them in for 3 months at a time. I usually do this when I start noticing damage, so when i take the braids out, I can get a nice trim, but still have length.

Oh, yeah, I also self- relax. My hair is really coarse, so the beauticaians always wanna throw a "super" in my hair, even though my hair gets relaxed fine with regular. I use fabulaxer by revlon. i think its no-lye, not sure. I relax about once every 8 weeks. when i try to stretch, i get lots of breakage. when i have to go padt 8weeks, i keep it in a phony pony with a plastic cap and s-curl moisturizer underneath.

Hth

Last edited:
:yep: Beautiful hair!

Now how you gonna post those gorgeous pics and not post your regimen? You know better! :spank: just kidding:)

I will look and critic... and I won't be nice. muhahaha muhahaha muh-ha-ha-ha!:evil::lol:[

ETA: How i am supposed to leave encouraging comments, if there is no comment box?

Your hair is very beautiful, thanks for posting your regimen.

When you say you swear by C & G do mean braiding your actually hair and washing, conditioning and rinsing in braids? Are do you mean when you hair is braided with weave? Would you mind being more specific please.:)

Also I would say you are a few inches past BSL, which would put you in the MBL category.;)

i am a complete moron. i do not know how to add the comment section. iwent to the edit rpoperties section, but didnt see anyhting. Help. im a moron

I just checked back and saw that you posted you regimen. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

BTW, you are not a moron:lol: Im sure someone will chime in that has a fotki that can help with the comments.

Xavier said:

When you say you swear by C & G do mean braiding your actually hair and washing, conditioning and rinsing in braids? Are do you mean when you hair is braided with weave? Would you mind being more specific please.:)
QUOTE]

I am sorry for the confusion. WHen I have braids (extensions--cornrows and box braids) in my hair, I only wash once every 2 weeks with a very light shampoo (cheap stuff- tresemme). while i massage the shampoo on my scalp, i put condiytioner on the braided ends to keep them moist.

My regime i posted earlier applied to when i am not in braids (extensions).

tsturnbu said:
Xavier said:

QUOTE]

I am sorry for the confusion. WHen I have braids (extensions--cornrows and box braids) in my hair, I only wash once every 2 weeks with a very light shampoo (cheap stuff- tresemme). while i massage the shampoo on my scalp, i put condiytioner on the braided ends to keep them moist.

My regime i posted earlier applied to when i am not in braids (extensions).

Thanks for the clarification.

I updated my regimen.....for all those interested. thanks for the great comments.

I actually swear by the Crown Glory method.

Regimen while wearing hair out:
I wash once per week. I shampoo with CON shampoo (green and white bottle) and then condition with Queen Helene cholesterol (leave on overnight). I havent found a conditioner I truly love, but this one seems to do "okay". seems like nothing can detangle my hair, so I just be patient, and manually detangle it slowly with the widest tooth comb on the planet.

I then air dry, without combing. when it is almost dry, i detangle (seamless comb) with salerm 21. I then put about 12 magnetic rollers in my hair to get it nice and flat. once it is fully dry, I only flat iron the crown of my hair to get a nice sleek look, but underneath it is still poofy so it looks like I have thick hair. This has definitely worked for me.

Every night, I pull my hair in a high, LOOSE, ponytail and out about 4 magnectic rollers(gray) in my hair. When i wake up in the morning, it ake the rollers out, and my hair is bouncy, and wavy.

WHen I dont wear my hair out, I am in braids (half corn rows-front, half box braids-back). I put braids in my hair at least once a year and keep them in for 3 months at a time. I usually do this when I start noticing damage, so when i take the braids out, I can get a nice trim, but still have length.

Relaxers:
I self- relax. My hair is really coarse, so the beauticaians always wanna throw a "super" perm in my hair, even though my hair gets relaxed fine with "regular". I use fabulaxer by revlon. i think its no-lye, not sure. I relax about once every 8 weeks. when i try to stretch, i get lots of breakage. when i have to go past 8 weeks, I keep it in a phony pony with a plastic cap and s-curl moisturizer underneath.

Regime while in braids:
When I have braids (extensions--cornrows and box braids) in my hair, I only wash once every 2 weeks with a very light shampoo (cheap stuff- tresemme). I massage the shampoo on my scalp, then I put conditioner on the braided ends to keep them moist. i keep them in for 3 months at a time.

Trimming:
I trim once every 6 months, or when I notice lots of slits. I go to the dominican salon for trims.

Vitamins:
I currently take 3000mg of MSM, 10Kmg of biotin, and mega vitamins by Puritan's Pride. I started on the vitamins about a month ago. I was on them faithfully 2 years ago and my hair thrived. I had to discontinue them though because I started to see thick hairs on my chin and breast (eewwwww). Now, I am desperate to meet my waist length goal (december 2008) and i am back on the vitamins. So I guess, electrolysis, here I come!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
your hair is really pretty... thanks for the regimen heads up ;)

How much growth do you get per month with the vitamins?

KissKiss said:
your hair is really pretty... thanks for the regimen heads up ;)

How much growth do you get per month with the vitamins?
When i took the vitamins faithfully, i was getting about 3/4 inch per month. When i stopped, my hair growth slowed and i was only getting 1/2inch per month. I started back on the vitamins a in April, and ordered boundless tressess 2 weeks ago, so hopefully my hair growth will speed up again.

tsturnbu, how do you do the ends of your braids? Do you leave them straight or curl them? When you have them in, how long do you stretch?

HERicane10 said:
tsturnbu, how do you do the ends of your braids? Do you leave them straight or curl them? When you have them in, how long do you stretch?
I use synthentic braids for my hair, and when she is done braiding, she sits in me in a chair, pulls my head back adn places my braided hair in a pot of very hot water. doing this prevents he synthetic hair from unraveling. I never knot or burn the ends. Using extremly hot water to seal teh ends have worked for me for years adn they have never unraveled.

I also leave them in for 3 months at a time. when i take the braids out, i use CON shampoo, and deep condition overnight. then i wear a loose bun for 3 days, then i self-relax. check out my journal for my regimen.

Oh, one more thing, i always take the braids out myself...I went to a salon one time and had them take out the braids, man they tore my hair up. That was 5 years ago. I will never make the same mistake again.

hothair said:
Love your hair and your reggie! Any before pix?
I have lots of before pics, but none on my digital camera. i will try to find a way to scan them. but it has definitely been a long way. from 1994-1999, my hair was very short (think toni braxton..i was tryna be like her). then from 1999-2002, my hair was chin lengthm, but seriusly jacked out because i did not have my trusted girlfriends of longhaircareforum by my side. In 2003, my hair started really grwoing, and by december 03, it was at bra strap and by may 04, it was 4 inches past bra strap. (the longest my ahir ever been). I was also very into vitamins at this time, so my ahir grew very very fast.

then in sept. 04 i got braids and left them in for 6 months. After i took them out, i couldnt comb my hair because it was so matted and i am so tenderheaded so i just went to the salon. well, the stylist didnt comb it out euther and just threw a perm in it. Well, after she finished rinsing out teh perm and detangling it, my ahir went from mid-back to chin length. I seriously was about to catch a murder charge because that beautician was going to die!!!!!! (i am obviously joking, but i sure was in no laughing mood 3 years ago)

Anyway, i h ave been nursing my hair back to helath adn tryna get teh lenght back from that little setback. Not only was it shorter, but really thin. it was really horrible. anyway, i shall prevail. my goal---waistlength by december 08.

Last edited:
Back