Just For Me Texture Softner

i have always loved curls and sinse joining LHCF a couple weeks ago its been playing on my mind. I have never seen my natural hair or at least i cant remember it which is so sad to me :(

Anyways i have been considering texlaxing and im 99% sure that i want to transition from relaxed to texlaxed :) mainly because i want the versatitlity and i love curls! anyone on a similar journey? help advice support not just for me but anyone else whose doing the same.

and also i want to use http://www.texturesoftener.com/index.html the JFM texture softner as opposed to a relaxer is this okay? i know its for kids but could it work for texlaxing especially as it is a gentle formula.

any help advice comments are greatly appriciated.

p.s im 10 weeks post

A few ladies on here have used it, and said it's kind of like a tezturizer that if you leave it on too long it will turn into a relaxer. I think you should try it and don't smooth it out too much the first time and see if it's something you want to continue. If you have resident hair than it may not work as much and you would proably be left underprocessed

I used it on my hair and I came out with strait and curly areas. If you plan on wearing it straight most of the time, but if you want to wear it curly, that is a problem.

This is a no-lye product so if you are currently using a lye relaxer than you might want to reconsider or be very careful.

JFM is not some magical curls in a box:

1. If you don't have a curl pattern it can't give you one.

2. It is just another relaxer/texturizer.

3.You might be better of using the relaxer you already use and mix it with conditioner/oil and/or just use the mild strength instead.

JFM texture softener is JFM perm that you put sunflower oil into to make it gentler. I have used it more than once and it worked just like a perm. The areas that I smoothed out, came out straight just like any other perm. The areas that I did not smooth out looked like I hadn't really permed them at all. Its very easy to slip and end up with completely straight hair with this stuff b/c it is a perm, not fool-proof conditioner

Since you're considering transitioning into texlaxed, wouldn't that be the same as transitioning to natural? You'll just end texlaxing it in the end right? I know a friend of mine who uses natural relaxers (yogurts, baking soda, etc..) to manage her new growth so maybe you can look into that. She's not a 4b so I'm not sure how effective it'll be on your curls.

Back