Just for me texture softner

LeNghtyDreAms

is it ne good? I mean does it actually work to loosen the curls and make it less tangled? Im desperate for some help with this crazy hair of mine. I litterally broke down in tears last night cause my hair was tangled so bad i thought i would have to cut my hair off!

Long story short, my hair has always been relaxed until i got pregnant last july and stopped relaxing. So for the whole pregnancy i just simply washd and conditioned my hair, and put it in buns. So since its been so long the new growth is crazy tangled, and last night after washing my hair and putting it in two ponytails i take out the holders and my hair was matted together! I liked to died, it took me and my bf a half bottle of pantene pro v and 3 hours in the shower to untangle it!
So would it work on my thick 3c/4a hair transitioning hair?

I've used it before and it was actually the last relaxer I used before I decided to transition (pending). But that's what the Texture Softner is: a relaxer. You add sunflower oil (which is included) to the relaxer and I guess it's to slow down the process. You're supposed to leave it in your hair for the recommended amount of time and no smoothing or combing through because then you're hair will be straight. You should do a strand test to see how your hair will turn it.

I'm sorry to hear about your hair. I'm 3c/4a too and my new growth only gets tangled/matted if I do not add any product to it while it's still wet and tie it down with a scarf. I think maybe you should look at some new ways to detangle your hair and prevent it from matting again.

I used this on my hair after a 26 week stretch. I only left it on about 10 minutes and didn't work it in. Just basicly put it on and shampooed it out. In addition to the sunflower oil, I also added olive oil to break it down further and put conditioner on my already relaxed ends. The end result was my natural hair becoming more managable and the curl/waves were less tight, but still there. Also my hair was so soft it was unbelievable!

Back