Just for Me Texture Softener

Blkprincess

any of you ladies tried this product for yourself? I'm thinking of trying it. I already use the Just for Me relaxer on my hair and my mom's. my mom might have to be my guinea pig:grin:

I use this on my daughters hair the one in the pic. It works well for her and still leaves her hair with some of the natural curl.

I use this on my daughters hair the one in the pic. It works well for her and still leaves her hair with some of the natural curl.

your daughter's hair is pretty. my hair never gets bone straight anyway. just rough texlax. but I'm too much of a punk to go natural.

I use the JFM Texture Softner and LOVE it!!!!
im actually touching up tomorrow with it...will post pics ( im a newbie...just got fotki too!!!)

im so tempted by this product but im afraid its a relaxer... i researched it a while back... im still tempted lol

Raven, it does have relaxer ingredients so I would not use it if I were you, well if you want to remain natural, that is.

I was thinking of using this on my texlaxed hair every other touch up to decrease the time between my regular touchups. But, I need to research to see if it is safe to do that.

Raven, it does have relaxer ingredients so I would not use it if I were you, well if you want to remain natural, that is.

I was thinking of using this on my texlaxed hair every other touch up to decrease the time between my regular touchups. But, I need to research to see if it is safe to do that.
yeah,, your right,, its the same ingreds,,, sometimes i just get soo frustrated with my hair though,,, if i could just tone it down a little tiny bit id be happier and i imagine this might be able to do that... i just wish there were more reviews on it,, i do not want relaxed hair again,, not going back there lol

yeah,, your right,, its the same ingreds,,, sometimes i just get so frustrated with my hair though,,, if i could just tone it down a little tiny bit id be happier and i imagine this might be able to do that... i just wish there were more reviews on it,, i do not want relaxed hair again,, not going back there lol

I want to "tone mine down,too.If I could just loosen things up a tiny bit...I'm going to give myself until April to research and see if I'll go through with it.I hope results will be some what similar to hers since my texture is pretty close http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=96208

decisions decisions:spinning:

I used this on my daughters hair because I got tired of seeing her in tears when I tried to comb her hair. She have a good grade of hair, but it just wasnt very manageable at all until I applied this on her hair. I love it because like the directions say to apply it 1 inch away from the roots and thats what I did. Yes it have the same ingredients like a relaxer, but since it wasnt applied to the roots like a relaxer I havent had to apply another one. Her hair is no longer kinky on the ends. Here is a link to my fotki of what her hair look like before and after.

http://public.fotki.com/mrshicks2002/my-daughter-miss-kiya/

i have been using this from the time I BC two years ago. This is the only thing I will use to relax my hair. I leave it in for 5 min because My hair is fine. I love it.

I used this on my daughters hair because I got tired of seeing her in tears when I tried to comb her hair. She have a good grade of hair, but it just wasnt very manageable at all until I applied this on her hair. I love it because like the directions say to apply it 1 inch away from the roots and thats what I did. Yes it have the same ingredients like a relaxer, but since it wasnt applied to the roots like a relaxer I havent had to apply another one. Her hair is no longer kinky on the ends. Here is a link to my fotki of what her hair look like before and after.

http://public.fotki.com/mrshicks2002/my-daughter-miss-kiya/
your daughters hair is just beautiful!

I use Just For Me Texture Softener and IT IS A RELAXER!!! I don't understand why people think it isn't or "it's like a relaxer"- it's a relaxer! Before you use it, you mix in this green activator and a half bottle of SUNFLOWER OIL that comes with the the kit. The rest of the oil you're supposed to put on your hair (there are some members who add oil to their relaxers to slow down the processing so their hair won't become too straight). In the instructions, you are to apply the mixture 1 INCH AWAY FROM THE SCALP. You comb it through once and let it sit for the required time (depending on your hair type). If you do any more combing or smoothing, then you're hair will become straight. The process used to apply the JFM Texture Softener is to just loosen your curl, so there's no need to appy so close to your scalp unless you want straight roots, therefore risking scalp burns (which isn't good for little girls or grown women). I really like the Texture Softner and I've used it twice so far (I touch up every 4 months). Much better than Motions.

I just used this today and left it on for 10 minutes is once applied and my hair when dry my hair resembles a blown out afro but still coily in my 4b areas. When its wet my hair flops downwards in individual waves so I could either do wet and wavy or dry and still have a puff. Anyways Im glad I did this and got my hair texlaxed properly, it is very easy to comb now which is a plus:look:

Back