Just because mom has thin hair...

WomanlyCharm

does it mean heredity has to play a part in mine being thin as well?

My hair is growing long. I've got about 4 to 5 inches to go until I reach brastrap, and it's as healthy as it's every been, but lenght-wise, it still looks thin.
My mother commented on the growth yesterday, but added her hair always looks thin too when she grows it out (her hair grows like wildfire, I'm jealous!).

Can I fight heredity, or am I destined to just have thin-looking hair as it grows out?
Are there any products that can make my hair grow in thicker? I do use MTG and Surge, but they don't seem to make much of a difference.
TIA!

You could try upping your B-5 (panthenol) that vitamin thickens the hair. Also, if you get a relaxer, you can try leaving more texture in your hair to make it appear thicker.

I would stay away from volumizing shampoos etc. They make the cuticle swell and can rough up the hair.

I had no idea about the volumnizing shampoo...in fact I was going to see about buying some today! Thanks for the info.

Does anyone think castor oil could help hair grow in thicker?

Are you and your mom relaxed? Because it might not be genetic but the relaxer that's causing the thinning. Not saying one can't have thick relaxed hair but relaxers do thin out the hair over time.

Back