Just a thought about fish oils....

hairIAM

Have any of you been pregnant/breastfeeding and have taken Expecta Lipil for DHA supplementation. Isn't DHA an omega 3- fatty acid which supports hair growth? So my question is.....instead of taking fish oil pills (which I still can't get myself to do), can you just take one Expecta a day to get your omega 3 fatty acids?? Just a thought :brainy:

Could this be the reason that my 4 month olds hair is to her shoulders in the back? She gets plenty of DHA.

Have any of you been pregnant/breastfeeding and have taken Expecta Lipil for DHA supplementation. Isn't DHA an omega 3- fatty acid which supports hair growth? So my question is.....instead of taking fish oil pills (which I still can't get myself to do), can you just take one Expecta a day to get your omega 3 fatty acids?? Just a thought :brainy:

Could this be the reason that my 4 month olds hair is to her shoulders in the back? She gets plenty of DHA.

DHA is helpful to nervous function and brain development....this is the reason why breast fed babies show faster motor development than babies that are not breast fed. DHA isn't a main Omega fatty acid since your body uses Omega 3 to help make DHA. Flaxseed oil is better source of Omega 3 than fish oil and your body seems to process it a little better. Either one is better than none. You can buy plan DHA from Puritains Pride I believe. If you don't want to add any other supplement, just eat a handful of walnuts each day.

Back