June 2011....What Did YOU Buy this Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Komaza Moku Butter and Shea butter lotion (free shipping today only)
Oyin Burnt Sugar pomade
Carol's Daughter Tui shampoo, Tui smoothie, and Tui leave-in
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk

Last edited:
Another 16 ounce Jar of Enso DC'er.:look:

*Blaming @chebaby for making me think about folx going in & out* :look:

So, Yeah....It's Her Fault:lol:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:yea, its my fault:lol: whatever you say lol.

hey ladies.
today was a good day. i found a new bss closer to me than the natural store. the natural store is like 40 minutes away and this new bss is only 20 minutes of that. they were fully stocked on almost the whole line of curl junkie, miss jessies, mixed chicks, hair rules, and of course the salon stuff like paul mitchell, joico, redkin, but they also had wella and gold well(i think thats what its called) stuff too. and everything you can find in sallys and asian bss you can find in this store.
oh and they had qhemet stuff too. i didnt mind paying the $1-2 price increase for curl junkie because i get my stuff in 20 minutes instead of waiting for shipping.
however do you know they were charging $18-$20 for qhemet stuff:nono::nono:i was like oh hell naw.

they also had mason pearson brushes. im glad i never ordered one on line because i felt them and those things are hard as heck, i would never brush my hair with it. however they did have a really soft boar bristle brush by denman i wanted but that thang was $24:nono: so i passed. i might have to go back and get it though because it felt much better than the $2 bss brush i use.
i only purchased the curl junkie smoothing conditioner which smells amazing. i cant put my finger on what it smells like but its sweet. and i also got the curl junkie aloe fix gel which i heard didnt work well with leave ins but i want to try it for myself. i had it before when i first went natural 2 years ago and didnt like it. but i had no idea how to use it.

ETA: for anyone in the DMV area this bss is called freestyle beauty and its in alexandria VA.

Last edited:
chebaby

Nice Post Che.:grin: I ended up buying that other DC'er based on our discussion of how you find something (or a small vendor) that you love and they go "Poof" and Vanish.:blush:

So I thought, I betta' make sure I pick up an extra jar of that DC'er.:look:

So....that's why I am blaming you.....:lol:

IK it's an 'excuse' but it works....:lol:

@chebaby

Nice Post Che.:grin: I ended up buying that other DC'er based on our discussion of how you find something (or a small vendor) that you love and they go "Poof" and Vanish.:blush:

So I thought, I betta' make sure I pick up an extra jar of that DC'er.:look:

So....that's why I am blaming you.....:lol:

IK it's an 'excuse' but it works....:lol:
shoot i understand. thats i how i feel about jasmines:look: i gotta haul that shea butter rinse before i cant find it no more lol.

I went TO SALLYS and finally joined their customer rewards program while i was there i picked up some more ion products Ion hair mask and Ion smooth solutions replenishing Keratin Smoothing Masque. i also went to Walgreens and got some John Freida Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon

Ladies,

Imma need an intervention :lachen:.....my friend is going to the states, and she said I can order stuff and she'll bring all my orders back for me so I dont have to pay the horrendous duties to ship to JA...........:yay:

I have this extremely looonngggg list of things I want, and my credit card is burning my hand!!:drunk: I planned to not buy anything else for the month of June.....but scrap that crap. It's about to go DOWN!!:lachen:

The list is as follows:
AOHSR
AOGPB
HV Whipped Creme
HV Amla Deep Cleanse
HV SitriNillah DC
HV Acai Berry Phyto
Jasmine's Avocado & Silk DC, Hibiscus DC, Shea Butter Rinses
Shescentit Banana Brulee, Fortifying Mask, Okra Reconstructor
Joico k-pak
BFH - Shine rinses, couple DCs (havent decided specifically which ones), Desert Leave-In
Wheatgerm Oil
SAA, Honeyquat, Aloe vera juice

I'm gonna scout Qhemet's website. I admit there are somethings I have forgotten and need to be added to the list:blush:

I need Jesus.....seriously. :nono:

This by the way is you ladies' fault.....IDareT'sHair, chebaby choctaw Coffee etc etc etc.

So far I brought:

-Kinky Curly Knot Today (still looking for that really good leave-in conditioner lately I been experimenting with sprays, but I don't know..Any advice ladies?)

-Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla leave-in (smells really good)

-Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine ( this gets rid of my frizzes like nobody's business just hate the cones in it)

- Komoza Care Honey Comb Rejuvenator

- Califia Hair Pudding (still lookin for that awesome but healthy hair gel to slick down my ends. I brought the shescentit gel for this but there is no hold what so ever with it and it worked fine last year. Don't know if she changed the formula or what but it was a waste of money for me and I brought two, very disappointed).

I went to Sally's and exchanged a conditioner for the Aphogee Two Minute to prep my hair for my first at home chemical treatment. I plan on purchasing the ORS no lye and my mom will put it in.

Ladies,

Imma need an intervention :lachen:.....my friend is going to the states, and she said I can order stuff and she'll bring all my orders back for me so I dont have to pay the horrendous duties to ship to JA...........:yay:

I have this extremely looonngggg list of things I want, and my credit card is burning my hand!!:drunk: I planned to not buy anything else for the month of June.....but scrap that crap. It's about to go DOWN!!:lachen:

The list is as follows:
AOHSR
AOGPB
HV Whipped Creme
HV Amla Deep Cleanse
HV SitriNillah DC
HV Acai Berry Phyto
Jasmine's Avocado & Silk DC, Hibiscus DC, Shea Butter Rinses
Shescentit Banana Brulee, Fortifying Mask, Okra Reconstructor
Joico k-pak
BFH - Shine rinses, couple DCs (havent decided specifically which ones), Desert Leave-In
Wheatgerm Oil
SAA, Honeyquat, Aloe vera juice

I'm gonna scout Qhemet's website. I admit there are somethings I have forgotten and need to be added to the list:blush:

I need Jesus.....seriously. :nono:

This by the way is you ladies' fault.....@IDareT'sHair, @chebaby @choctaw @Coffee etc etc etc.
i see im guily by IDareT'sHair association:lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:yea, its my fault:lol: whatever you say lol.

hey ladies.
today was a good day. i found a new bss closer to me than the natural store. the natural store is like 40 minutes away and this new bss is only 20 minutes of that. they were fully stocked on almost the whole line of curl junkie, miss jessies, mixed chicks, hair rules, and of course the salon stuff like paul mitchell, joico, redkin, but they also had wella and gold well(i think thats what its called) stuff too. and everything you can find in sallys and asian bss you can find in this store.
oh and they had qhemet stuff too. i didnt mind paying the $1-2 price increase for curl junkie because i get my stuff in 20 minutes instead of waiting for shipping.
however do you know they were charging $18-$20 for qhemet stuff:nono::nono:i was like oh hell naw.

they also had mason pearson brushes. im glad i never ordered one on line because i felt them and those things are hard as heck, i would never brush my hair with it. however they did have a really soft boar bristle brush by denman i wanted but that thang was $24:nono: so i passed. i might have to go back and get it though because it felt much better than the $2 bss brush i use.
i only purchased the curl junkie smoothing conditioner which smells amazing. i cant put my finger on what it smells like but its sweet. and i also got the curl junkie aloe fix gel which i heard didnt work well with leave ins but i want to try it for myself. i had it before when i first went natural 2 years ago and didnt like it. but i had no idea how to use it.

ETA: for anyone in the DMV area this bss is called freestyle beauty and its in alexandria VA.

chebaby, I envy you, I can not wait til I am actually stationed somewhere in central location where I can go and buy stuff instead of online shopping and payin shipping. it's getting ridiculous not to mention the annoyin overly long processing and wait time, knowing good in and well they got some sittin right on the shelf..Let me know how the CJ stuff is especially the smoothin lotion cuz I had that in my cart on amazon but took it out cuz I was scared I wouldn't like it.lol

@chebaby, I envy you, I can not wait til I am actually stationed somewhere in central location where I can go and buy stuff instead of online shopping and payin shipping. it's getting ridiculous not to mention the annoyin overly long processing and wait time, knowing good in and well they got some sittin right on the shelf..Let me know how the CJ stuff is especially the smoothin lotion cuz I had that in my cart on amazon but took it out cuz I was scared I wouldn't like it.lol
im glad i have these store because i was getting tired of ordering online, even though i still do sometimes lol.
the smoothing lotion is great. it doesnt have any of the ingredients my hair loves(like different butters and oils) but somehow my hair managed to fall in love with this stuff. it has amazing slip so if you detangle with your leave ins this will be great for that.
im going to try the smoothing conditioner for the first time tomorrow so ill let you know how i like that.
but you really cant go wrong with any curl junkie conditioners or leave ins lol. only thing i cant recommend from her are her gels and thats because i normally hate gels. hope i dont end up hating the aloe fix:ohwell:

Last edited:
im glad i have these store because i was getting tired of ordering online, even though i still do sometimes lol.
the smoothing lotion is great. it doesnt have any of the ingredients my hair loves(like different butters and oils) but somehow my hair managed to fall in love with this stuff. it has amazing slip so if you detangle with your leave ins this will be great for that.
im going to try the smoothing conditioner for the first time tomorrow so ill let you know how i like that.
but you really cant go wrong with any curl junkie conditioners or leave ins lol. only thing i cant recommend from her are her gels and thats because i normally hate gels. hope i dont end up hating the aloe fix:ohwell:

chebaby, thanxs for the reviews!! I might go ahead and get it then, I have heard some good things about curl junkie. I got some kinky curly knot today coming to me, because it was a toss up between those too when I ordered. I'll check it out!! Thanks again, hun. :-)

@chebaby, thanxs for the reviews!! I might go ahead and get it then, I have heard some good things about curl junkie. I got some kinky curly knot today coming to me, because it was a toss up between those too when I ordered. I'll check it out!! Thanks again, hun. :-)
i like knot today too:yep: not my fave but i keep buying it so i guess that makes it a staple:look: its great for detangling but the smoothing lotion is better. curl junkie is very pricey but i think overall its worth it.

@bajandoc86 Gurl....:yep:You were right mentioning @chebaby

That Girl buys & buys & buys:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But in all honesty, I think You'd really like Curl Junkie's Products. I wish they weren't so stinkin' expensive tho'.:perplexed Great Product Line.

Back