June 16 17 18 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Wash Day Weekend:

Corrently prepooing with APB Ginger Root Growth oil (I am going through this bottle like crazy).
Cowash with SSI Sugar Peach Conditioner
Shampoo with KeraCare Moisturising Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Protein DC with APB Honey Molasses DC
Moisture DC with APB UCS
Apply LI and heat protectant
Blowdry + cornrow

Last edited:
Not sure yet. My twists are holding up well so I'm hesitant to disturb them.
But if I do anything...

Scalp Treatment: Cantu ACV Root Rinse
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Creme
DC: Mielle Organics Babassu Mint DC & Silk Dreams Shea What
W&G post-wash: Shescentit Cranberry Cream Hair Cocktail or Shescentit Coco Creme Leave In Conditioner, MyHoneyChild Sophia's Hair Grease, Wetline Gel
Twists post-wash: APB Ginger Root Hair Lotion, Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Root Hair Cream

Shampoo: African black soap melted in water (and then for the 2nd and 3rd washes had to just use chunks like soap)
Rinse: Fermented ricewater
DC: ORS replenishing conditioner and grapeseed oil layered on top of FRW and left in for 20mins or so
Leave-ins: CON argan LI, lavender olive oil, SM curl enhancing smoothie (finally getting around to using this up) and CON argan mousse

Then I just sped up drying time with my softhood. These braids are definitely spoiling me with hair-laziness.

Saturday:
Overnight: J. Monique Naturals Triple Seaweed DC'er (on Dry Hair & Saran Wrap)
Cleanse: Inashi Cleansing Conditioner
Treat: Mission:Condition Caramel Treatment
Steam: Kindred Butters Joe's Joe
Final R/O: Silk Dreams Destination Hydration
Leave-In & Heavy Seal: Assorted

Greetings, its been a minute.

Um pretty much the usual: overnight pre-poo, lately I've been into oils with steam then letting it sit overnight

Wash with keracare poos: 1st lather then the hydrating one
Acv on scalp
French perm stabilizer
Protein on relaxed parts (probably joico k-pak)
DC with joico (moisture balm and either the revitaluxe or intense hydrator)
Leave ins: Salem 21 + pureology 21 benefits then a lil redken anti snap on the ends
Keracare serum to seal
Rollerset hood dryer

After a week in the hot, crazy Florida weather I need to give my hair some TLC. Back to my summer routine with tea rinses and masks.

Clarify: Redken Cleansing Cream
Poo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling Poo plus EO's (Tea Tree, Peppermint)
Protein Treat: Komaza Care Protein Strengthener for 30 mins
Mask: Annabelle's Pumpkin Mask
Tea Rinse: Fenugreek, Green Tea & Horsetail
DC: Naturelle Grow Protein Free DC
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Dry: Air Dry
Moisturize: Oyin Hair Dew
Seal: Annablle's oil
Pomade on scalp: TPS Coffee Pomade

Clarify- Quantum
Shampoo- Affirm MoisturRight
Protein treatment- Dudley's DRC
Deep condition- Affirm MoisturRight Nourishing
Leave in/setting lotion- Keracare foam wrap
Serum- Razac or Biomax
Style- Roller set

I was given samples of the Affirm shampoo and conditioner this will be my first time trying this new line.

Last edited:
I know it's Fathers Day but my hair doesn't, so today i'm still DCing while fulfilling my Daddy's day obligations.
Cowash: with ORS Ghee Co-wash
Treatment: with something new that i'll come back to list and describe in a bit....but the slip is amazing!
ORS Ghee Butter Leavein
ORS Ghee Butter styling smoothie
Eco Olive Gel
Off to the back yard to grill lunch & dinner :) while my hair air dries for the rest of the day.

I did the ION treatment step one and two.

Washed with DE almond & avocado shampoo using MHC Honey Mask as an instant rinse out detangled / conditioner.

Diluted step 1 in a spray bottle. Applied and left it in 20 minutes.
Rinsed used step 2 for 30 minutes (next time I will buy 2 packs of this)
Rinsed, then used Deva Curls Heaven in Hair as a final deep Moisturizer.

I then styled with Obia Curl Hydration spray, Camille Rose smoother and CR Curlmaker.

1. Install shower filter to address diagnosis report citing hard water: Man never arrived to lend me the required plumber tools.
  2. Chelate: I was only going to do this if Item 1 above happened.
  3. Patch test Morrocco Method Curl Power: It STILL hasn't arrived! Lol!
  4. Photograph crystallized particles in Soultanicals Coil Boosting Gelly and submit them (love the gel, otherwise): Photos taken (see attached, for example). Will send email shortly.
  5. Try to improve my wash-and-go wash day (inspired by hair meet up discussion): Begun!!!
(will enlarge upon click)
WP_20170619_003.jpg WP_20170619_007.jpg

1. Install shower filter to address diagnosis report citing hard water: Man never arrived to lend me the required plumber tools.
  2. Chelate: I was only going to do this if Item 1 above happened.
  3. Patch test Morrocco Method Curl Power: It STILL hasn't arrived! Lol!
  4. Photograph crystallized particles in Soultanicals Coil Boosting Gelly and submit them (love the gel, otherwise): Photos taken (see attached, for example). Will send email shortly.
  5. Try to improve my wash-and-go wash day (inspired by hair meet up discussion): Begun!!!
(will enlarge upon click)
View attachment 402431 View attachment 402433
hey ma'am. i'm looking at the pic in your siggy. what recipe do you use for your fenugreek protein-free DC?

hey ma'am. i'm looking at the pic in your siggy. what recipe do you use for your fenugreek protein-free DC?

Hi, @Sally. !

I haven't used it yet because I haven't yet run out of the protein-free DCs I have. But once I do, I'm not going to order another: They just don't leave a felt impact on my hair, so I feel I may as well just go with a DIY one that contains the ingredients I actually want and that I don't pay shipping fees for.

I need a protein-free DC every other week, because I do a protein treatment every other week. I have the hardest time finding protein-free DCs on the ground: Most every DC has a bit of protein in it!

The DIY fenugreek one I plan to start off using is an adaption of Jacinta Nwabuogu's in the video below. It's not too different from Naptural85's. If it's not slippery enough, I'll add slippery elm. If THAT's not slippery enough, then I'll add marshmallow root. If THAT's not slippery enough, then I'll add BTMS. If THAT's not slippery enough, I'll probably go back to ordering one online.

Ingredients:
  1. Olive oil
  2. Banana or banana baby food
  3. Avocado
  4. Honey
  5. Plain Greek yoghurt (any protein therein is not significant enough)
  6. Aloe Vera juice
  7. Mayonnaise
  8. Fenugreek (methi) powder

Last edited:
Hi, @Sally. !

I haven't used it yet because I haven't yet run out of the protein-free DCs I have. But once I do, I'm not going to order another: They just don't leave a felt impact on my hair, so I feel I may as well just go with a DIY one that contains the ingredients I actually want and that I don't pay shipping fees for.

I need a protein-free DC every other week, because I do a protein treatment every other week. I have the hardest time finding protein-free DCs on the ground: Most every DC has a bit of protein in it!

The DIY fenugreek one I plan to start off using is an adaption of Jacinta Nwabuogu's in the video below. It's not too different from Naptural85's. If it's not slippery enough, I'll add slippery elm. If THAT's not slippery enough, then I'll add marshmallow root. If THAT's not slippery enough, then I'll add BTMS. If THAT's not slippery enough, I'll probably go back to ordering one online.

Ingredients:
  1. Olive oil
  2. Banana or banana baby food
  3. Avocado
  4. Honey
  5. Plain Greek yoghurt (any protein therein is not significant enough)
  6. Aloe Vera juice
  7. Mayonnaise
  8. Fenugreek (methi) powder

thanks! i just saw naptural85's recipe. i may try that next week. like you, i only want products with ingredients that give results, nothing more.

ETA: do you know where to get fenugreek powder on the ground?

Back