Jojoba Oil users

mrslee

Love yourself first!
OK, I bought some Jojoba oil because I read somewhere it was the best moisturizing oil! Great for split ends and dry hair. So I wanted to know how do you use yours? Do you use it alone or mix it. Also, how often?

I bought a little bottle that cost around $2.00 at a BSS. Do you think I should purchase jojoba at a health food store instead?

Thanks in advance! :)

I mix my Jojoba Oil with Olive, vitamin E oil and wildgrowth hair oil. i guess it works fine. i put all of that mixture in an applicator bottle and thats what I "grease" my hair with. I have also used it alone and i didn't have any complaints.

I've used it alone as a pre-shampoo treatment. I applied the Jojoba oil to dry hair and put on a plastic condtioning cap and just did things around my home for like 30 minutes. I then proceeded to shampoo it out. I don't do this regularly though.

mrslee said:
OK, I bought some Jojoba oil because I read somewhere it was the best moisturizing oil! Great for split ends and dry hair. So I wanted to know how do you use yours? Do you use it alone or mix it. Also, how often?

I bought a little bottle that cost around $2.00 at a BSS. Do you think I should purchase jojoba at a health food store instead?

Thanks in advance! :)

The jojoba oil you purchase from the health food store is usually 100% pure jojoba oil. The ones at the beauty supply store usually have other oils mixed with it. I've heard good things about both though...however, I prefer to use it sparingly to finish off my hair and give it a little sheen. It's pretty pricey to buy the 100% pure jojoba oil.

SherryLove said:
i mix it with other oils in my split ends oil mix and scalp treatment oil mix....

I do the same... mix it with other oils for use on my hair and scalp, but I also use it alone and it is just as great. :)

My hair LOVES jojoba oil! I use it in my pre treatments (evoo, jojoba and honey). I use it to seal my ends after I wash. I use it to add a little shine to my hair when wearing a bun. I also use it in my baggie when doing the baggie method.

I agree that what you purchase at the health food store is more likely to be 100% pure. I purchase from the vitamin shoppe. I get a a 6oz bottle for around $7.

Last edited:
OK y'all, I went to the health food store and bought a bottle of jojoba ($13.00) eek! and a bottle of castor oil. ($6.00) The castor bottle is huge!

I am going to experiment with the two and add them to different shampoos and conditioners and see what happens. I put some jojoba on my ends alone and they feel so good!! :)

Back