Jojoba Oil....Key To Hair Growth??

Hey Everyone-
Seems Like Alot Of Ladies On The Forum Is Using Jojoba Oil.Who Has Had Success With It.........Has It Made Your Hair Grow?Could This Be A Key Product To Hair Growth?I Would Love To Try It!!:D

Well I have possibly the driest hair on the board and Jojoba allows me to airdry without my hair feeling like straw or being all greasy ( I heard it resembles the natural oils already found in the scalp). I don't know about it aiding in growth I just started using it so it's too soon to tell, but I was having alot of problems with dry/breaking ends and that seems to have put a stop to things...for now.

I love jojoba oil. I don't necessarily think it's a growth aid per se, but I definitely think it will assist with retaining length. I use it over my leave-in and it provides a really nice shine while locking the moisture in. The best part about it is that it's light and doesn't have a strong odor...so the hair isn't weighed down and it does smell icky! :yep:

JOJOBA OIL FROM HAIR BOUTIQUE:

I receive a lot of AskKaren questions about the overall benefits of using oil as an ingredient for deep conditioning the hair.
While there are many oils that can be used to condition the hair, the type of oil that you select should depend on your hair type, personal preference, budget and conditioning needs.
Some hair types like coarse or thick hair will usually respond very well to the heavier oils like olive and coconut. Other hair types like fine or thin hair will generally do better with lighter oils like sesame and almond oil.
Extremely damaged hair or hair that tends to break, split or tangle will often respond very well to jojoba oil. Jojoba is a very healing and moisturizing oil for the hair. I have found over the years that jojoba oil will work for just about all types of hair.
The beauty of jojoba is that you can use it straight or in a mix. Depending on your hair type and needs you can buy various compositions that include heavy, medium or light concentrations of the jojoba in the mix.
What Is Jojoba Oil?

What is this mystical elixir? Jojoba oil is the oil of choice for many people suffering from a variety of hair woes.
This is a excellent oil for adding moisture to the hair.
The reason that jojoba is such a great choice as a hair conditioner and moisturizer is that the molecular structure of jojoba is very similar to the natural oil that is produced by the sebaceous glands in the scalp. This natural scalp oil is known as "sebum".
It is a well known fact that sebum is required for proper moisturization of beautiful and healthy hair. Hair that has a good moisture basis tends to be more resistant to daily damage, tangles, dryness and split ends.
Jojoba oil comes from the jojoba plant which grows spontaneously in the northwestern parts of Mexico, as well as Arizona and California.
The jojoba plant is so strong that it actually bears its berries in the intense heat and dryness of desert. Jojoba oil is the transparent, resilient and golden oil, and is often called the liquid gold of the desert.
According to extensive Japanese studies with natural and refined jojoba oils, it was found that the jojoba oil is not toxic in any way to human hair or skin.
As a rare tidbit it should be noted that jojoba oil is very similar in its properties to sperm whale oil which is used in the creation of some forms of penicillin.

I use to use it if I needed to oil my scalp. It is the closest oil to the oil your scalp produces, its very light, I prefer kemi oil or keracare oil on the actual hair though. I didn't use it long enough to determine if its the key to hair growth, I think a lot of things determine your hair growth overall.

Where online can I order this? I am wanting to order this from a reputable site that wil not sell me a bogus, or "extract". Perhaps even organic would be best?

Any suggestions ladies?

championgurl said:
Where online can I order this? I am wanting to order this from a reputable site that wil not sell me a bogus, or "extract". Perhaps even organic would be best?

Any suggestions ladies?
The vitamin shoppe is a reputable co. that sells organic jojoba. Aura casia for like $13 and change.

Back