Joico Kpax review. With photo of my back.

IntoMyhair

It did nothing for my hair today. The line was a waste of money. I used the Kpax poo and only on 1 half of my head the regular kpax con. I did this just to see how my hair would feel. Than i used the kpax re constructor for 10 minutes with heat. Hair felt like straw. Than i used the intense hydra-tor for 15 minutes with heat. When i rinsed it out my relaxed ends felt great but my texlex hair was hard and in mats and tangles. So i used on each divided half a hand full of Kenra moist con and Af 2 minute. Rinsed out hair felt like normal.

The regular kpax poo reminds me of cheap body lotion. The re constructor looks like spoiled milk and smells like oats.
I did use Kenra clerifying poo before hand.

I think that because i am more than 65% under processed/texlex thats why the line did not work.

I have figured out that i need to either switch to natural hair products or correct the under processed areas
Here is a pic this was taken 2 weeks ago when i first used my Fhi the first line shows about where i guess and see my relaxed ends start.

The second line is to show that i am armpit length now.

What i have now learned is that airdrying is out of the question for me. How did i finally figure this out. When hubby tried to run his fingers through my hair and it was a forest in there and his fingers got stuck lol. When my hair is wet it sticks together. Even when i put in my leave in. When detangling i always lost hair. And if i don't detangle it drys like dreads. My shed hairs with new growth wrap around my strands. My hair is easy to detangle after i blow dry.

I have been texlaxed for a year and some months now.

It did nothing for my hair today. The line was a waste of money. I used the Kpax poo and only on 1 half of my head the regular kpax con. I did this just to see how my hair would feel. Than i used the kpax re constructor for 10 minutes with heat. Hair felt like straw. Than i used the intense hydra-tor for 15 minutes with heat. When i rinsed it out my relaxed ends felt great but my texlex hair was hard and in mats and tangles. So i used on each divided half a hand full of Kenra moist con and Af 2 minute. Rinsed out hair felt like normal.

The regular kpax poo reminds me of cheap body lotion. The reconstructor looks like spoiled milk and smells like oats.

I did use Kenra clerifying poo before hand.

I think that because i am more than 65% under processed/texlex thats why the line did not work.

I have figured out that i need to either switch to natural hair products or correct the under processed areas
Here is a pic this was taken 2 weeks ago when i first used my Fhi the first line shows about where i guess and see my relaxed ends start.

The second line is to show that i am armpit length now.

What i have now learned is that airdrying is out of the question for me. How did i finally figure this out. When hubby tried to run his fingers through my hair and it was a forest in there and his fingers got stuck lol. When my hair is wet it sticks together. Even when i put in my leave in. When detangling i always lost hair. And if i don't detangle it drys like dreads. My shed hairs with new growth wrap around my strands. My hair is easy to detangle after i blow dry.

I have been texlaxed for a year and some months now.

:lachen:@ the bolded.

I am sorry to hear that those products did not work for you. I've heard that Joico makes products with a very low pH (which tightens your cuticles) and the products also help to correct porosity. Maybe you hair has the right pH level/porosity so using those products probably caused your hard hair/tangles. Joico didn't work for me either, and I'm assuming that is the reason why it didn't work.

On the bright side, at least you learned what didn't work for your hair.

As far as dealing with under processed hair, I had to deal with it alllll year last year. :nono: Not fun. But air drying can be for you if you find the right products/techniques. For me, it was staying up on protein treatments, clarifying with baking soda on a regular basis, finding a good moisturizer, and using products with cones. After I found the protein-moisture balance, my hair would air dry soft soft soft. The part that sucks is trying to find the right products. It took me forever. But it was worth it cuz my hair is thanking me for it. Don't give up on trying!

Thank you for the kind words and inspiration.

After all the research i did i figured it would work but nope. Back to the drawing board.

Back