Johnson's baby shampoo vs. regular shampoo brands?

Ms. Feliz

Today I decided that I would get rid of my sulfate containing shampoos and try to replace them with organic shampoo or something that is almost as good. Then my SO suggested that maybe Johnson's baby shampoo would be good. So I looked it up, but i'm no expert so I was wondering if some of you ladies who know your ingredients could help me out.

Here are the ingredients for Johnson's baby shampoo with natural lavender:

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Ext. Violet 2. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

Here's the ingredients for Johnson's regular shampoo:

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 and Orange 4. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

I wouldnt use either of them for this ingredient alone, and the Tetrasodium EDTA not good for children especially over time. I recommend googling the ingredients and u can make a decision on whether you wish to use J&J.

Sodium Chloride (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda, is a caustic metallic basedium hydroxide. It is used in many industries, mostly as a strong chemical base in the manufacture of pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps and detergents and as a drain cleaner. World-wide production in 1998 was around 45 million tonnes. Sodium hydroxide is a common base in chemical laboratories.

I bought the original Johnson & Johnson "no tears" shampoo thinking it would be gentle/better for my hair. I didn't even look at the ingredients I just bought it and used it! After the first wash my hair was sooooo dry. It felt like straw. It took me about 3 weeks to get my moisture balance back. It’s still in the closet with dust on it!it!

I bought the original Johnson & Johnson "no tears" shampoo thinking it would be gentle/better for my hair. I didn't even look at the ingredients I just bought it and used it! After the first wash my hair was sooooo dry. It felt like straw. It took me about 3 weeks to get my moisture balance back. It’s still in the closet with dust on it!it!

Wow that sucks. I guess I'll be on the hunt for a good organic shampoo :office:

I've been using Jason products for a few months now. I love it and both the shampoo and conditioner are moisturizing. You might like it.

I wouldnt use either of them for this ingredient alone, and the Tetrasodium EDTA not good for children especially over time. I recommend googling the ingredients and u can make a decision on whether you wish to use J&J.

Sodium Chloride (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda, is a caustic metallic basedium hydroxide. It is used in many industries, mostly as a strong chemical base in the manufacture of pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps and detergents and as a drain cleaner. World-wide production in 1998 was around 45 million tonnes. Sodium hydroxide is a common base in chemical laboratories.

Actually sodium chloride is simply table salt. NaOH is sodium hydroxide.

Baby shampoos are not very moisturizing IMO. Babies produce a lot of sebum so they generally do not need the extra moisture from shampoo. I'd try to find something else if I were you. Many ladies love Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo.

Back