John Frieda's Ripple Effect

Falon

John Frieda\'s Ripple Effect

I just found this in the Rite-Aid on the way home from work tonight. Has anyone tried it yet? I've never seen it before. I can't try it until the weekend cuz I refuse to go to work jacked-up and I simply do not have the time to make a hair mistake on a work night.

It's called Ripple Effect by John Frieda from the frizz-ease relax line. It's a 6oz bottle and it cost $6.99.

Your supposed to be able to spray it on wet hair. You can use it with a dryer on low, you just have to scrunch the hair while it is drying. The directions also say that you can spray more on dry hair the second day to save the look. There was a little tag on the bottle and I have to say the model looks like she has relaxed hair that is in a braid-out, but supposedly you DON'T HAVE TO BRAID-OUT TO GET THE BRAID-OUT. It looks intriguing I am almost tempted to break my rule and try it on a weeknight.

Let me know!

Re: John Frieda\'s Ripple Effect

I've tried it. It worked well.
smile.gif
I stopped using it because I discovered other ways to get the same effect. It also made my hair feel kinda dry. But, I really like its smell though.

I really like it. It makes my hair shiny and brings out the curls nicely.

I tried it and it did nothing but make my hair dry.....but maybe it will have a different effect for you. I tried it more than once and did it according to the directions as well. $6.99 was wasted
confused.gif
Oh well, maybe you'll have better luck

I tried it once and it didn't work and it made my hair dry. I can get a better effect with the products I already have and bantu knots. I threw it away.

[ QUOTE ]
queenofmean68 said:
HATED IT! It didn't do anything but piss me off and wasted 6.99 of my hard earned money!

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG 2nd this - it did nothing for me

I think relaxedbrownhair used this, theres a pic in your album which shows the outcome I'm guessing...but it is very drying!!!!!!!

Awww! That stinks! Well I should have known it was probably to good to be true. I can't use anything that will make my hair drier than it already is. Thanks for the advice I haven't opened it and I still have the receipt so it's going back today. I guess I'm sticking withthe old-fashioned way for now.

I too have a barely used bottle of ripple effect on my shelf. For all of those who it worked for, what is your hair type? I figured it didn't work on my hair type, relaxed Xtra Straight! (I know it's not a good thing, but my hair takes a relaxer really fast) But the girl who told me about ripple effect, has VERY course hair, and it worked just fine for her.

[ QUOTE ]
StarQuality said:
I too have a barely used bottle of ripple effect on my shelf. For all of those who it worked for, what is your hair type? I figured it didn't work on my hair type, relaxed Xtra Straight! (I know it's not a good thing, but my hair takes a relaxer really fast) But the girl who told me about ripple effect, has VERY course hair, and it worked just fine for her.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair is type 3b and I really like it.

Back