John Frieda's new Brilliant Brunette line?

HealthyHair

John Frieda\'s new Brilliant Brunette line?

Has anyone tried the new line? They first came out with a line for blonds, but this one is supposed to make dark hair very shiny and soft? I'd be curious to know if it works on ethnic hair, specifically tightly coiled ethnic hair
smile.gif

Re: John Frieda\'s new Brilliant Brunette line?

Last month Bodicea gave a review on Brilliant Brunette. She didn't like it. You'll probably have to click on her name in order to find the review.

i saw the comercial and was thinking of trying of it

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
Brilliant Brunette Light Reflecting conditioner: This is a product by John Frieda who first created (among other things) the Beach Blonde and Sheer Blonde collections.

It comes in different formulas depending on the shade of brown hair you have. I used the Chestnut to Esprseeo one.

This conditioner promises to "transform dull, dry, brown hair into soft, supple, satin brunette. Smoothes and perfects each strand for a healthier, more radiant appearance. Adds natural luster for intense, mirror-like shine."

The consistency is a watery creme, it smells like a mix of cinnamon and cheap perfume. It lathers horribly unless you put on a lot of it. And, when you put on a lot of it, it just oozes out of your hand and doesn't really add anything.

It made my hair dry, comparable to the dryness the shampoo gave my hair. After rinsing, my hair was, surprise, dry.

As for the claims, far as I can tell (after taking pictures for a before and after, and after looking in three different mirrors, two of which were by windows) this conditioner, which promises instant results, did nothing. Just plain nothing. I was hoping to at least get a little added moisture out of it for my wasted time. Nada.

The Verdict: 1 out of 10
Please save you $5.99. I wish I had saved mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear the Shine Shock works really well.. I plan on buying it after I run out of Spotlight.

Back