John Frieda

LBoogie

I've heard mixed reviews about his products mainly the relax serum...Has anyone here tried it, what are your opinions?

Any info on his other products will be appreciated.

i don't like the serum that much, but i really like the ripple effect wave maker (spray). it makes my curls really bouncy and shiny too. but i always have to add gel to the hair near to my scalp because if i don't it frizzes up. i give this product two thumbs up.

I tried it (ripple effect) and it didn't seem to do a thing. It looked a mess once it dried too. I took it back to CVS. LOL

They take anything back

I've tried the serum but I wasn't impressed with it. However, I do like John Frieda's blow drying lotion. I can't remember the name of it but it's part of the John Frieda Relax line.

I'm a true fan of JF Dream Curls. I don't remember which poster recommended this product for scrunchie styles, but I love it.

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
I absolutely love the John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting Serum and the Straight Forward Blow Dry Lotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it! The Straight Forward Blow Dry Lotion is what I use when I blow dry and flat iron my hair (which is not very often). I put it on before I blow dry and it gets my hair very straight.

No, but, they make my hair very manageable especially near touch-up time. It's important for me to only use the serum while my hair is soaking wet (straight after rinsing out my conditioner) as directed on the package.

I cannot use ANY serum on my hair once its dry, doesn't work. The JF Relax Serum is excellent on my hair when I use it as described above.

The blow dry lotion is also excellent prior to blowdrying.

How I use these (2) products:

1. While my hair is soaking wet I massage the serum throughout my hair. I do not comb it at all at this point.

2. I let my hair air dry until it is just damp.

3. I apply the blow dry lotion, massaging it throughout my hair.

4. Comb through.

5. Part my hair into four sections; Blowdry a section at a time and then once all over. Hope this makes sense.

6. Then I go on with the next steps in my heat styling regime.

I love the serum
smile.gif
I've tried the blow drying lotion but I don't blow dry anymore so it's just sitting in my bathroom. I also like the daily replenisher moisturizer. The shampoo and conditioner are just okay, nothing to write home about. I think I've mentioned before in some old thread that I like the original frizz ease line better than the relax line. The conditioner is super slippy
smile.gif

Hey Black Cardinal,

If you want to get that blow dry lotion off your hands, and it's just taking up space, you can
look.gif
send it my way, you know, since you're in the Bay Area like me
wink.gif

Back