John Frieda Full Repair

i guess....i hadn't heard of it before. But it was on special price for being new, so I might try (aka Imma sucker)

I bought the heat protectant. I can't think of the name of it right now. I was surprised it had a watery consistency, but I liked it. I used it to flat iron and my hair had a lot of body and was really light. I give it a thumbs up!

@Honey Bee Yes,post a review for conditioner junkies like me

Happy Hair Growing!
@Lita, okay, so I used it this morning. My hair's mostly dry now, but this was how I prepped: pre-poo with Ojon, wash with L'Occitane poo (normal reggie). Then I used the condish. The instructions said to leave it in 2-5 minutes, which I did, but I put a shower cap on.

My hair feels fine, I guess, but not outstanding. Tbh, I wasn't sure whether this was protein or moisture, so I didn't know what to switch out. (I usually do a light protein and then a dc, but I was planning on writing a review, so I wanted to see what it did by itself.) I'll know more when I take my twists out, but so far, all I'm seeing is a little more breakage than usual. :ohwell: I'm transitioning though, so it's to be expected, but my usual reggie manages to stave it off a bit.

FYI: my hair is very fine and I'm transitioning to texlaxed, so ymmv.

eta: My hair is dry now and, I hafta say, it's feeling really soft and fluffy. I think the breakage may have occurred because I skipped my protein. There's still a little left in the bottle, maybe I'll try it again.

Last edited:
@Lita, okay, so I used it this morning. My hair's mostly dry now, but this was how I prepped: pre-poo with Ojon, wash with L'Occitane poo (normal reggie). Then I used the condish. The instructions said to leave it in 2-5 minutes, which I did, but I put a shower cap on.

My hair feels fine, I guess, but not outstanding. Tbh, I wasn't sure whether this was protein or moisture, so I didn't know what to switch out. (I usually do a light protein and then a dc, but I was planning on writing a review, so I wanted to see what it did by itself.) I'll know more when I take my twists out, but so far, all I'm seeing is a little more breakage than usual. :ohwell: I'm transitioning though, so it's to be expected, but my usual reggie manages to stave it off a bit.

FYI: my hair is very fine and I'm transitioning to texlaxed, so ymmv.

eta: My hair is dry now and, I hafta say, it's feeling really soft and fluffy. I think the breakage may have occurred because I skipped my protein. There's still a little left in the bottle, maybe I'll try it again.

Honey Bee

Thanks for the review/I'm glad your hair came out soft & fluffy....

Happy Hair Growing!

I bought the heat protectant. I can't think of the name of it right now. I was surprised it had a watery consistency, but I liked it. I used it to flat iron and my hair had a lot of body and was really light. I give it a thumbs up!

Was it Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat....if so I picked it up when out of town and it's my new favorite heat protectant b/c very light--does not weigh your hair down at all.

i finally tried this line, I bought the full Repair heat protectant. It is quite watery (so if you buy it, be prepared when you first pump out the product because it started me since I was expecting a thicker consistency).

I did a DC with coconut oil on my hair and scalp overnight and washed with Carol's Daughter shampoo/conditioner this AM. Since I had mother's day errands, I towel dried my hair then coated the ends with the full repair and put some Kiehl's argan oil throughout the rest of my hair and threw it up in a basic ponytail. My ends feel as though they were flat ironed, not at all frizzy and very soft. Will need to see how it holds up when I use actual heat on it, but so far, so good.

Back