Jilbere de Paris Flat Iron Owners, which model do you have?

Blessedhairgro

Hello Ladies,

I am in the market for a flat iron that they carry at Sally's that many of you may own. It's the Jilbere de Paris brand but there are so many of them. Please tell me which model you own, how it works for you and provide a picture of it if you have one. My hair is 6 months post relaxer and I'm transitioning. I hear good things about this brand but when I went to Sally's I saw quite a few and just need some feed back. These are the models I saw:
Ceramic tools tourmaline series
Ceramic tools definition series solid ceramic
Titanium tools professional
Ceramic tools nanotech digital
Nano silver tools ceramic

Whew, it's so confusing:lol:
Thanks ladies!

I use a Jilbere flat iron, but I bought it many years ago. I don't remember that many options when I bought it. I bought the one that got the hottest!:lol:
I remembe that it was ceramic, but other than that I'll have to check and get back to you.

I have the Ceramic tools tourmaline one that is silver with the red plates. I really like it. I don't see any reason to pay more for a maxi, chi, or sedu. I love the temperature controls and the size makes it so easy to use .

Here's a pic of the one I have. I don't use it often because I have another one that I like better.
lbereCeramicTools1InchFlatIron-vi.jpg

Blessedhairgro said:
Hello Ladies,

I am in the market for a flat iron that they carry at Sally's that many of you may own. It's the Jilbere de Paris brand but there are so many of them. Please tell me which model you own, how it works for you and provide a picture of it if you have one. My hair is 6 months post relaxer and I'm transitioning. I hear good things about this brand but when I went to Sally's I saw quite a few and just need some feed back. These are the models I saw:
Ceramic tools tourmaline series
Ceramic tools definition series solid ceramic
Titanium tools professional
Ceramic tools nanotech digital
Nano silver tools ceramic

Whew, it's so confusing:lol:
Thanks ladies!

All I know is mine says Ceramic Tools and it has a temperature dial on it. I have had it for years and I love it. Buying a CHI was really a waste of money for me because this is just as good if not better.

I have the Ceramic Tools Porcelain Flat Iron 1-1/2 inch and it works great. The temperature settings are very flexible and this iron gets really hot if you want it to. It's the only iron i use and gets my hair professionally straight. Good value and great price too :)

lisana said:
I have the Ceramic tools tourmaline one that is silver with the red plates. I really like it. I don't see any reason to pay more for a maxi, chi, or sedu. I love the temperature controls and the size makes it so easy to use .
This is me exactly..same flat iron same thought..especially since I don't use it often as I'm trying to keep away from direct heat

I use the definition series and it works pretty well. I used it to straighten my hair as shown in my siggy :).

The only complaint I have about this particular model is that my hair gets snagged in the sides from time to time. However, I've noticed that this doesn't happen when I take my time.

I'm natural and I own this flat iron. The Chi didn't get my hair as straight, silky and nice as the Jilbere. I'm buying 2 more in 2008 when I finish my HYH challenge.

I bought a Jilbere a few months ago before I got the maxi glide. It's small, fast, gets hot and yields excellent results similiar to the Maxiglide(light, silky hair) but I'll have to check which model it is when I get back home. I know it has a temp dial on it and I remember the box saying it heated to 400 degrees I think. I got it at Sally when it was on sale for about $45.

I have the Titanium one, it's pretty good and I like that you can adjust the temperature to your liking. It does get hot but I've found that even when I use it on the highest setting I don't get that burnt hair smell that I would get with a stove iron.

Thanks Ladies!
Chickory_Bee which model of the Jilbere do you own and which models are you purchasing next year?
I'm looking into getting the Jilbere ceramic tools flat iron which is silver with orange or red plates, does anyone use that one?

Last edited:
i have the ceramic tools tourmaline one with the red plates it was about 60 or 70 dollars it also came with a little red blow dryer
i also have a sedu i used my jilbere because the sedu burns my hair (on the lowest setting)
my siggy was done with the jilbere

Allandra said:
Here's a pic of the one I have. I don't use it often because I have another one that I like better.
lbereCeramicTools1InchFlatIron-vi.jpg

This is the exact model I have been using for years. It still works well and I've never considered replacing it because it gets my hair as straight as I could ever imagine it! If it ain't broke...

Mine is the porcelain series. The settings go up to 30, but I don't go past 15. I love it, but right now I'm doing the heat thang! Only wrapping and rollersets.

Back