Jilbere Ceramic FlatIron

Faith

Do any of you have the one with the comb attachment? If so, how do you use it? Meaning how do you keep it from ripping your hair out? Is the spacing bwt the teeth far apart (wide tooth comb) or close together (small/medium sized comb)? I'm thinking of getting it and using it with the comb attachment and was wandering if it would be a good idea or would I just be losing hair? Thanks

Faith

Valleygirl has this iron and I think she stated that she used them without the teeth (correct me if I'm wrong VG)

When I had a Flat iron I had to take the teeth off cause they did nothing but snag on my hair. I find them so unecessary.

My Jilbere came with attachable teeth but I don't use them. I like using my fine tooth Ace comb instead. I had been using that little comb with my Gold N Hot and didn't realize they made irons with teeth. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks Ladies for your replies.
Londondiva, I remember VG uses Jilbere but I don't think she uses the attachment.
SVT could you elaborate on the ace comb method? How do you use it with the flatiron? Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
SVT could you elaborate on the ace comb method? How do you use it with the flatiron? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Real simple. I basically glide the comb through slowly with one hand while the other hand follows with the flatiron. I think it helps me get a straighter press.

I think Valleygirl has the Jilbere mini ceramic flatiron... unless she has both the mini and the regular-sized one.

She's the one that enticed me into upgrading to a mini-flat iron. I can really get to the roots with it, which is my main reason for getting that size.

Thanks SVT. That is a great idea. I never thought of that. I have this really great comb (from Avon) , that just glides through my hair(even tough it has very small spacing between the teeth). I'll give it a try next time. Thanks again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi pmichael,
Does the mini flatiron have a multi heat setting like the bigger one (which is 25)? My hair doesn't straighten with those on/off ones. Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith,

Yes it does. It has an ON/OFF button and the exact same 25 setting dial. It also heats up to 230degrees. The 2 main reasons I bought it was because it was a mini one and because it had a dial. My hair is fine and I am terrified of heat as it is. I need to control how much heat I put on my hair.

Back