Jewelry breaking off Hair

kikisf

I strongly suspect my jewelry is hurting my hair. I wear the same jewelry all the time and only change for special occasions. That is a necklace, engagement ring, wedding band, watch and earrings. I used to wear my jewelry to sleep and stopped doing so just recently. and I also just started remembering to take them off while doing my hair. But now I am beginning to wonder if I should do "no jewelry" for a stretch.

My nape grows in an M shape and although I know it is hereditary I hate it and wonder if my necklace is keeping my middle nape from retaining length. Also my engagement ring is most defintely ripping out my hair. Maybe that is why I have less hair loss when my hair is straight, because when it is big and curly my fingers wander to my spirals but when it is straight I dont touch it because it is flat and smooth (and usually in a bun!)

Is there a jewelry thread? Has anyone done a no jewlery challenge?

It probably is your jewelry. This is the main reason why I do not wear necklaces or earrings that snatch on my hair when I wear my hair out.

I love jewelry! It rates just as high on my love list as hair. I won't stop wearing favorite pieces. I would just wear my hair up when wearing jewelry that snags. Not everything snags so this is not an issue for me. If it's your everyday pieces that's snagging, you can try to trade out the clasp or necklace that the pendants are on. Or, find an alternate style.

My engagement ring snatched my hair two-three times today. I put my hair in a bun to put an end to that. I no longer wear a necklace and I am on the hunt for new earrings since I don't have any.

Back