Jessiecurl Weekly Deep Treatment

Beamodel

Out of curiosity. For those who have tried the old formula and the new one, can you tell me your thoughts on the two? Are they performing pretty much the same or totally different?

NEW INGREDIENTS
Water (Aqua) infused with Equisetum Maximum Lam (Horsetail), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Laurus Nobilis (Bay Leaf), Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Arctium Lappa (Burdock Root), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow Root), Origanum Vulgare (Oregano), Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) and Urtica Dioica (Nettle); Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Soy Lecithin, Citrus Sinensis Var. Dulcis (Orange) Oil (and) Lavandula Officinalis (lavender) Oil (and) Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Oil; Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

OLD INGREDIENTS:
Water infused with Lemongrass, Nettle, Burdock, Kelp, Marshmallow Root, Horsetail, Basil, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Rosemary, Peppermint, Sage and Thyme, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil,Cocoa Butter, Lecithin, Aloe Vera Powder, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

I would like to know...I have the old & before I repurchase,need to know..ASAP!

*I like the old,did wonders..

A lot of vendors changed formulas..Some of my staples have been removed,because the new batch didn't work.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I would like to know...I have the old & before I repurchase,need to know..ASAP!

*I like the old,did wonders..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita
That is exactly how I'm feeling. I'm loving the old one. Actually I'm DC'ing with it right now. But I wonder if they are pretty much the same or totally different.

Is it actually a different formula? It looks like they added the scientific names and listed out the fragrance components. Many companies are rewriting their ingredient listing to match formal standards.

I don't use it some I'm no help otherwise sorry.

Well I see the new one lists aloe juice instead of powder and I don't see kelp.

^^^^This is the same thing I thought. However it does look like they added a couple essential oils and uses AVJ instead of AVP. Thats about it.

The order of ingredients are listed differently as well. Sometimes this makes or breaks a difference in some people's hair.

I've been using this for years and I was loving it until they switched over to bottles. I HATE for thick products to be in squeeze bottles. It's extremely annoying trying to get the product out. I literally cut the bottle in half to get almost 2 ozs worth of product out. I was not happy.

The product (old formula) is amazing, it's just the bottling that make me stop purchasing.

I won't even be trying the new formula unless they offer jars again.

I don't see any difference to tell you the truth. But, as always, one must consider that what works for one won't necessarily work for the other.

Very true. Have you tried them both? I really want someone who has used both old and new to tell me if it performed the same.

The order of ingredients are listed differently as well. Sometimes this makes or breaks a difference in some people's hair.

I think they just finally listed it correctly, by percentage of product. I mean it's so similar.

QB products went through the same thing. Ppl thought the products changed, but she explained what happened. Formulas are the same.

I think they just finally listed it correctly, by percentage of product. I mean it's so similar.

QB products went through the same thing. Ppl thought the products changed, but she explained what happened. Formulas are the same.

Thanks! When I run out of the old, I will try the new one. I appreciate your help prettyinpurple

@Lita

The place I've been getting my WDT still had Jars on the Shelf, so I've been requesting those (in notes to Seller).

Have not tried it in the bottle and not sure if I will. :perplexed

I agree, with @AHeadOfCoils it's too 'thick' to be forced into a bottle.:lol:

However, I have tried Too Shea! in the bottle which also use to come in a Jar.:ohwell:

But since Too Shea! is much thinner/slippier and I use it strictly for cowashing, it's been okay.

I have been using WDT since 2005 and I just checked my jug to see ingredients, I have the new formula. I didn't notice any difference I use it as a leave-in and deep conditioning. My hair still detangles easily, it is soft, and it is moisturized. So far I don't have to give up my baby daddy WDT.

I have been using WDT since 2005 and I just checked my jug to see ingredients, I have the new formula. I didn't notice any difference I use it as a leave-in and deep conditioning. My hair still detangles easily, it is soft, and it is moisturized. So far I don't have to give up my baby daddy WDT.

Thank you for letting us know! I was hoping it reacted the same way. I guess when I do repurchase it, I will just dump it out of the bottle and into an old jar. I'm not a fan of it being in a bottle now but if it works the same then that's all what counts.

Yes, I hate the bottle also, I do the same thing since I brought the gallon jug last year I transfer it to the 8 oz jar it last me about 5 weeks until I refill the jar.

Beamodel, I haven't tried either one. I was able to cancel the new version when I read that you had purchased the older one, and I ordered those.

Coffee
Oh ok. I LOVE the old one and I guess when I run out, I will try the new one and hope it reacts the same way ad the old one does for me.

Coffee
IDareT'sHair
EnExitStageLeft
Lita

I finally took the plunge and ordered the conditioning treatment in the bottle. Man, JessieCurl is the bidness... Both versions feel great. Nice slip too, moisturize my hair enough to make you wonna slap yo momma. I didn't notice a difference between the old version and the new. The only thing is, it is in a bottle and not a jar!!!

But um, this conditioner is on HG status along with my beloved baby daddy Hairveda Sitrinillah.

Back