Jerry Juice ladies, help me out.

.:Eden:.

I recently fell head over heels for Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worky 14 in 1. Although I love it, since glycerin is #2 on the ingredients list, its starting to suck the moisture from my hair. I sealed with coconut oil the first time I tried it, but I could feel after it dried that it wasn't heavy enough. So, I applied Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner over it the next day. Even though I pin my hair up it's still losing its moistness(?).

Any suggestions from ladies who use glycerin based products in the winter?

try misting your hair with water throughout the day to give the glycerin something to draw up.

I agree. glycerin needs something to draw water from--that's why alot of people opt to use glycerin-based products in the more humid months only. If you want to use it in the winter time, you might need to spritz lightly a little more frequently

Yes, I've noticed my Scurl ol faithful moisturizer works better in the warmer months also. This winter I started using the Olive Oil Smooth and Hold pudding. It didn't smooth and hold for nothing but I found it was a great moisturizer. In looking at the ingredients Glycerin is the fourth or fifth ingredient after water, coconut oil and mineral oil. I love it as a moisturizer, so you may want to try switching to something like that.

Back