JC Penny's Salon visit #3

Spagirl

JC Penny\'s Salon visit #3

I went there Wednesday evening this time I use the hair steamer w/a combo of LUST and Moisturefuse. This was followed up by Giovanni's Leave-in, WGO, and Keracare Foam. I was put under the hood dryer with my hair combed to the back and hanging down. After 95% dry I bunned it myself. The results to me were unbelievable. So much so I have decided to try it again and clarify myself 4 days prior to my next visit. Here are the results.

Re: JC Penny\'s Salon visit #3

Wow that looks awesome!! Very impressive results!

btw, I just looked at your bun photos, that gave me a lot of ideas for the winter. Thank you for sharing that, very thoughtful!

IT looks freshly relaxed. I agree impressive and very soft looking
smile.gif

I love the shine and texture of your hair. It looks very nice and manageable, especially for not relaxing for 11 weeks.

Tebby

WOW!! Your hair looks great!!!! It looks sooo soft! Can I touch it??? Just kidding! I've heard lots of good stuff about Penny's. I think I will give them a try on my next visit to the US.

A lady that I volunteer with goes to Penney's to get her hair done and it is super thick and shiny. I love my Dominican hairdresser, but I might have to give this woman a try.

Tebby

Spagirl, very nice indeed! And your bun pictures made me wanna cry! I can't wait to get to your length to do the things you do.
cry3.gif

spagirl....

it does look very nice and very shiny, soft and moisturized..thanks for sharing.

WOW 11 wks, that looks great. ARe you transitioning. I don't think our local JCP has a Steamer, I'll have to check.

Did you bring those products or did they just use them.

Your hair looks very healthy. I just wanted to thank you for all the great bun ideas!

Spa girl your hair looks so healthy. If you care to share your hair regimen. Also, your buns are awesome.

Thanks everyone. I just had to show the results so that you would know why hair steamers seem to be a good thing. We at the LHCF have to continue to be in the know about what potentially might be good for our hair.

Kaela, Lee & Crownnglori: I'm always more than glad to share. Enjoy the buns I'll try and post more as they come to mind.

Nonie: Your time is up and coming. I don't know if you are a part of the bun challenge but here's a link that might help with creativity and buns.

Mindymouse: I brought all the products mentioned except for the Keracare foam. She was concerned about using customer products (per policy) but I told her I would take responsibility for them.

Allandra:
sekret.gif
your steamer awaits you ...
poke.gif

DSD & Mindymouse: I'm not transitioning at present....just wanting to stretch out relaxing times. I probably get relaxed before I past 4 months.

Lee: I'm presently part of the "Bun challenge". My regimen for the past 3 wks have been to get my hair done solely at JC's once a week. The reason being because of the hair steamer not because of any one of the stylist. This is what I've had done in the past 3wks:

Wk 1: Their shampoo followed by a deep conditioning w/Dudley's hair rebuilder (I had requested a moisturizing tx). Roller set w/Paul Mitchell Mousse and dried under hood dryer. Went home and rines mousse out and bunned hair.

Wk 2: Their shsmpoo, Dudley's DRC w/Dudley's hair rebuilder under steamer about 10 mins. I put Giovanni's Direct leave-in and/or Aubrey Organics' Jojoba & Aloe as a leave-in followed by WGO before stylist used Dudley's setting lotion. She tried to wrap 1st but couldn't get it right (breaking off my hair) so I told her to roller set. I later wrapped and then bunned it.

Wk 3: Their shampoo (I requested to clarify after she started to shampoo but she said it was a clarifier after looking to find a clarifier.
confused.gif
) LUST mixed w/Moisturefuse (old recipe) then steamer for about 15-20 mins (Sylist didn't know how to operate). I put in Giovanni's direct leave-in and WGO before stylist put Keracare Foam on my hair. Hair combed back then dryed under hood dryer, coiled into a bun.

So far 3 different stylist have done my hair because I wasn't satisfied with the techniques of the 2 previous stylist at JC's. 1st one cut off more hair than I requested. 2nd one didn't know who to wrap without rip out my hair and charge me extra d/t hair length (not so w/1st or 3rd one.). 3rd one has some more learning to do but I'm willing to with her (I tipped her). I won't be trusting anyone there to do my relaxers though. So beware!

Edited to add:
I have been using my spray bottle when needed in between visits to the salon. Spray bottle = 1 part Wonder Gro Shea Butter oil, 1 part Giovonni's Direct leave'in, 2 parts distilled water with a little Aloe Vera Gel at present. Sometimes I following up WGO when needed.

I plan to make my next concoction w/distilled water, Aubrey's organics Jojoba & Aloe Conditioner, and WGO. That is until I can get around to ordering some CD HHB.
smile.gif

Your hair looks great.

What exactly does the steamer do? How do they steam ur hair?

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
Your hair looks great.

What exactly does the steamer do? How do they steam ur hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a steamer that is almost, but not exactly, like the one at JC's. My experience was pleasant. It wasn't too hot for me (I'm heat sensitive d/t a bad sauna experience) and the steam cycled on and off with only a little steam reaching my forehead. The machine at JC's had buttons for present settings one of which was for treatments with maybe a total of 10 others (I'll check next time). If I get 1 I will have to try it first because I don't want a poorly made unit.

Here is a thread that gives a lot of info and opinions on the hair steamer.

I also read a thread resently that warns against purchasing from a place called beautybeautyusa.com as well as warning against a particular model. This was totally different from my JC experience. All units are not created equal.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
trampoline.gif
I want that steamer NOW.
trampoline.gif

Who else wants a steamer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't decided yet. I want make sure that I clarify first. Others on LHCF have testified about having softer hair but my 1st 2 visits to JC's consisted of having Dudley's hair rebuilder put on my hair. One of the ingredients on that rebuilder is emulsified wax and I want to make sure that isn't still on my hair thus giving me a false result.

I'll post again after my 4th visit next week.

If anyone has a good unit like JC's please PM me and let me know. TIA!
smile.gif

I would like to do that on a daily basis at home! I may have to break off a couple of $$ to buy one for at home!

thanx spagirl. That thread was informative. I'll be doing price comparisons soon. My hair dries out easily and I think a steamer or the bootleg option may be the answer

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
thanx spagirl. That thread was informative. I'll be doing price comparisons soon. My hair dries out easily and I think a steamer or the bootleg option may be the answer

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome!

If you use one of the bootleg options: sauna or steamroom make sure you don't stay in there any longer than the recommended times which is about 10-15 mins. I almost suffered a heat stroke at my last destination spa outing .
ill.gif
To this day I am still leery of going into a sauna, steam room or excessively hot, hot tub (jacuzzis). The results from the steamroom/sauna weren't the same, for me, as the hairsteamer.

Your hair accessories are fabulous. Okay, spill it girl! Where can I find those?

My favorite was the see through one with the flowers and stuff
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Your hair accessories are fabulous. Okay, spill it girl! Where can I find those?

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah spill the beans! You can't find those in neighborhood BS stores.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah spill the beans! You can't find those in neighborhood BS stores.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, okay, I give in, all of the ones presently seen in the album are from Claire's and the sister store called After Thoughts. Call ahead selections vary from store to store.

DSD, you might want to check the ones in the Peachtree area.

Edited to add:
After Thoughts has more formal accessories and things. That's were the clear flower holder came from Supergirl.

Well, Thank you so much! I never though about trying Claire's. They have one at Stonecrest Mall. I have an excuse to go shopping this weekend!lol

Your welcome, don't forget about finding an After Thoughts you won't be sorry. Warning: And please, try and stay within your budget!
laugh.gif

Back