JBCO worth $11 shipping costs?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Is JBCO really worth the $11 shipping?

Can the store bought, laxative form of castor oil deliver the same growth, sealing and/or moisturizing potential as JBCO?

I've researched other, older threads but wanted to see what you all are thinking in the here and now.

Thanks

NOOOOO!!!

I am lucky enough to live in a city where JBCO is carried in all the BSS. I am glad because I have since found out I am allergic and the smell :nono:. I would have been mad if I paid that much in SH.

I purchased the Home Health Castor oil that is cold pressed and it works the same and no smokey smell. This one is heavier so you can dilute it 2:1 with Grapeseed oil. I feel Grapeseed oil is the lightest of the oils.

I'm mad though cause that stuff laid down my NG like nobodies business and made is soooo soft.

I on this site http://www.hairliciousinc.com/search?q=carrot+oil JBCO contains Grapeseed oil and carrot oil this is probably why it is so much lighter than the Home health one.

If you want you can send the money and I could pick you up a bottle.

Last edited:
Whoa! Thats way too much for shipping. Regular Castor Oil (found at any grocery or drugstore) works AWESOME. www.oilsbynature.com has oils for cheap as well and I don't think shipping will be as much. But as far as Jamaican Black Castor Oil, check and see if your local BSS has it first.

I won't pay that much for shipping. I'm not haitian but I believe haitian have castor oil that is very similar to jbco so try a haitian neighborhood if you live close to one.

I won't pay that much for shipping. I'm not haitian but I believe haitian have castor oil that is very similar to jbco so try a haitian neighborhood if you live close to one.
Nowhere near the city or Haitian community. :look:

$11 for shipping??!!! what in the world! how big is the bottle of JBCO??!! geesh! $11 seems like ALOT
8 oz from Sams 24/7
http://www.sams247.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=isle

I have paid that when ordering from Sams247.....I did order two 8oz bottles.
Well, $11 was on 1 bottle. Perhaps the shipping would stay the same for 2 bottles, at which point I might could justify, but definitely not for 1 bottle. :nono:

Whoa! Thats way too much for shipping. Regular Castor Oil (found at any grocery or drugstore) works AWESOME. www.oilsbynature.com has oils for cheap as well and I don't think shipping will be as much. But as far as Jamaican Black Castor Oil, check and see if your local BSS has it first.
Everytime I ask about JBCO locally, they look at me like I'm stupid. I live in a military based area where there are many nationalities so the local stores try to appeal to all...so some of the more ethnic prods are not readily available unless I purchase online and get raped on shipping. Tried the BSS but that was a no go. Even tried AA owned BSS, still no go. :wallbash:

NOOOOO!!!

I am lucky enough to live in a city where JBCO is carried in all the BSS. I am glad because I have since found out I am allergic and the smell :nono:. I would have been mad if I paid that much in SH.

I purchased the Home Health Castor oil that is cold pressed and it works the same and no smokey smell. This one is heavier so you can dilute it 2:1 with Grapeseed oil. I feel Grapeseed oil is the lightest of the oils.

I'm mad though cause that stuff laid down my NG like nobodies business and made is soooo soft.

I on this site http://www.hairliciousinc.com/search?q=carrot+oil JBCO contains Grapeseed oil and carrot oil this is probably why it is so much lighter than the Home health one.

If you want you can send the money and I could pick you up a bottle.
- In what way are you allergic to JBCO (if I may ask)?
- Are you relaxed? Where do you buy your grapeseed oil? I've heard OP comment on grapseed being good and light. I know GNC carries it.
- A bit confused on which prod laid down your NG....was it the JBCO or the Home Health Castor Oil.

P.S.
I'll get at you in a PM re: buying the JBCO.

Thx!

Nowhere near the city or Haitian community. :look:

8 oz from Sams 24/7
http://www.sams247.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=isle

Well, $11 was on 1 bottle. Perhaps the shipping would stay the same for 2 bottles, at which point I might could justify, but definitely not for 1 bottle. :nono:

Everytime I ask about JBCO locally, they look at me like I'm stupid. I live in a military based area where there are many nationalities so the local stores try to appeal to all...so some of the more ethnic prods are not readily available unless I purchase online and get raped on shipping. Tried the BSS but that was a no go. Even tried AA owned BSS, still no go. :wallbash:

- In what way are you allergic to JBCO (if I may ask)?
Extreme itchiness
- Are you relaxed? I am relaxed Where do you buy your grapeseed oil? At the Indian Market I've heard OP comment on grapseed being good and light. I know GNC carries it. Maybe I will try there
- A bit confused on which prod laid down your NG....was it the JBCO or the Home Health Castor Oil. The JBCO

P.S.
I'll get at you in a PM re: buying the JBCO.

Thx!

Got the PM's and you're welcome

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread. I want to buy some so bad but I think it borders on immoral to spend more on shipping than the actual product itself.

Is JBCO really worth the $11 shipping?

Can the store bought, laxative form of castor oil deliver the same growth, sealing and/or moisturizing potential as JBCO?

I've researched other, older threads but wanted to see what you all are thinking in the here and now.

Thanks

@ the $11: Heck2danawh!!!

@ the regular castor oil: Absolutely. I get 32 oz. bottles from vitacost.com for less than $9, and shipping is only $4.99.

The only thing I like about JBCO is the packaging. I don't think it's any better than the regular stuff.

I bought mine from Amazon.com. This shipping was free when I purchased over $25 in products which I had done that day. Even if you do not purchase anything else, the shipping is still about $6. Not as bad as $11. Lol. Hope it helps.

They lancing you for your money sweetie.
I would try to find a health food store, a bss or a whole foods(maybe) that sold it.

I know how you feel, OP. I can't find JBCO locally and I don't want to pay ANY shipping charges. I like JBCO better, but.... I picked up the regular Home Healthy brand from Wholefoods and my hair (and ends) are thanking me for it. I'll load up on JBCO when I go on vacation.

Back