January Noir and Other Thin/Fine Ladies

HopefulOne

I have fine/thin hair 3b/4a almost BSL hair. I don't want to relax anymore and I have had marvelous success with the following:

EVERY WASH (Two or Three Times A Week)

Full Fat Plain Yogurt and Henna, shikakai and methi powder (nothing else - no conditioner, oils, nothing) for an hour or hour and a half
Rinse it out in the shower
Wash with Creme of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo
In the shower take a little safflower oil and rub through hair - leave on for maybe 30 seconds
Condition with whatever name brand was on sale at TJ Maxx for 1-2 minutes
Rinse
Detangle in shower
Dilute leave-in moisture of my choice with water
Seal with oil of my choice (I have lots of moisture and oil products)
I drop of Chi Infusion diluted with water
Blow-dry on low with fine-toothed comb attachement of the blowdryer
Flat Iron on 2 with Maxiglide

Hair is beautiful - shiny and silky. I believe that this regiment will substitute for relaxing and prevent a big chop allowing me to transition with a loss of length. I am 21 weeks post. I realize that hair regimens are unique. I offer the above for the one woman with similar hair that can use the cumulative effects of lactic acid and henna relaxing couple with very low heat blow-drying and flat ironing. At 21 weeks post, i can't see that I will need to relax again if I adhere to this regimen.

HopefulOne,
Happy New Year!
I'm late as heck on this one. :ohwell:
Thanks for sharing.

How is it working still? I use Chi and FHI Hot Sauce even and they do make your hair like silk. I use it even when I air dry.

I have a date for a touchup in 2-3 weeks.
I have not been successful a stretching longer than 7 weeks. Maybe I can incorporate some of your steps.

Back