January 21st, 22nd & 23rd- What Are Your Hair Plans???

NikkiQ

Hi Hi ladies :wave:

I have my engagement photos this weekend so I'm going to hide under a trusty LF and shampoo,DC and rebraid after it's all said and I'm done. Going to a birthday party tonight and might bust out Evony for it. Gotta have the diva hair going :lol:

What about you guys??

Tonight I:grin::

Did a HOT (Hot Oil Treatment) with Coconut Oil under Mastex Heat Cap
Co-Cleansed with Bear Fruit Hair Cleansing Conditioner
Did a Roux Mendex Treatment under Dryer
Steamed with KomazaHairCare Intensive Moisture DC'er
Used Roux Porosity Control as a Final Rinse
Spritzed Bear Fruit Hair Desert Drench L-I w/a little Pure Argan Oil
Dried Under Dryer
Moisturized, Sealed, Tied Up *currently wearing a Winter-Wig.

I just got finished Greasing my Scalp with Nu-Gro. I am in braids under Blair until Wednesday :)

:)

I must do something with my hair! I think that I will take down these cornrows and do an assessment as I have not dealt with my hair for 3 weeks :look:

I just may decide to relax it or, if I get lazy, do a twist out.

Prepoo with coconut oil
Wash with Dr. Bronner's + teatree oil
Condition/DC with Lóreal Elvive Anti breakage conditioner
Take out dry twists
Retwist (Scurl, coconut oil and ecostyler gel)

I'm going to wash my hair on Saturday evening. Probably use some Redken CAT for a protein boost.I'll DC with either Claudie's Fortifying or BFH Pistachio. BFH Desert Castor Seed will be my leave in.

Since I am off tonight, I am experimenting with a new style. Bantu knot out. We will see what we see. If it doesn't work out, then tomorrow I will try playing with cornrows in the hopes of putting in crochet kinky twists on Sunday. If that doesn't work out, then it is either back to the dry twists or another DC and wet twists for the week.

congrats on your engagement photos! I hope you share them.

I'm going to try to steam my hair and my daughters hair too. I really need to figure out what I will be doing with my hair for next week...I am so tired of all my wigs right now.

I plan on washing my hair with my Beautiful Curls shampoo, and DC with my Alter Ego garlic conditioner.
NIKKIQ, CONGRATS on your engagement.

Last edited:
Well last night I did an overnight DC with a mixture of yogurt, melted shea butter, evoo, honey, and a couple of teaspoons of lustrasilk cholesterol. I was supposed to get my hair put in micro box braids today but my braider aka cousin did not feel like doing it. Left the DC in my hair and plan on getting it braided up tomorrow. i cannot wait. It will make the next two months (hopefully they last long enough) soo much easier.

Cowash
Oil rinse EVOO
Steam with Cream of Nature Extreme Moisturizing Conditioner for 1 hr
Final rinse Roux PC
Add Aphogee leave in, green tea recon, and coconut oil
Tie down with a scarf
Wiggin it
13 weeks post

My sister is coming to do my 12 week relaxer w/Nairobi.
Protein treatment after relaxing but before Normalizing with Nairobi Nairo-Plex Treatment Conditioner
Poo with Nairobi Normalizing Shampoo
DC under steamer with Nairobi Humecta-Sil Moisture Replenishing Conditioner
Wrapp with Nairobi wrapping lotion

Congrats on your engagement NikkiQ!!

I've been doobie wrapping my hair at night for the past week. I needed a break from bunning.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I DC'd and straightened my hair today. It was getting so tangled. I don't know how to handle my hair while I'm transitioning. I was cowashing daily and my hair liked it for a while but now its rebelling. I will be hiding my hair under a half-wig and just leaving it the heck alone.

Yesterday I attempted to two strand twist my hair.....failed....so I did medium sized braids and I'll just urse my BT and cover it at night and use my Bee mine Juicy spray to keep it moisturized

Hi Hi ladies :wave:

I have my engagement photos this weekend so I'm going to hide under a trusty LF and shampoo,DC and rebraid after it's all said and I'm done. Going to a birthday party tonight and might bust out Evony for it. Gotta have the diva hair going :lol:

What about you guys??

Hi, congratulations on the engagement (I might be kind of late)! I'm engaged too. I know how it is, I always hide under a wig these days (LF or full lace wig); and until I get enough length (meaning I will be comfortable wearing my natural hair out, b/c the afro & short hair does nothing for my face/looks) I will be rocking the wigs like you and JJamiah do! :yep:

Currently, I have my hair braided back in 2 large french braids (or consider them giant cornrows) one braid on each side of my head, which was a feat in itself I tell ya. I will try out my MegaTek if it comes in the mail today, but if not I will just oil my scalp, spray my moisturizer on, and tie it up. Nxt wk I'll CW and do the Mgatk if it doesn't arrive until then. This will be a lazy weekend as I have final exams (UGH). :nono: If I have to go out, I will be under my trusty half wig and a head band.

Last edited:
Hi, congratulations on the engagement (I might be kind of late)! I'm engaged too. I know how it is, I always hide under a wig these days (LF or full lace wig); and until I get enough length (meaning I will be comfortable wearing my natural hair out, b/c the afro & short hair does nothing for my face/looks) I will be rocking the wigs like you and JJamiah do! :yep:

Yay!! congrats Jewell!!! We're in the same boat. I'm transitioning and I'll be 9 months post tomorrow so I have a LONG way to go before I have the amount of natural hair I want before chopping.

I'm going to DC on dry hair with AO HSR, shampoo with ORS Creamy Aloe, then DC under the dryer AO GBP and air dry in braids with Garnier leave-in, ORS setting/wrap lotion and Chi Silk Infusion. I really need to take a break from heat styling and manipulation and perfect my braidouts. I had a relaxer touch-up two weeks ago and have really had 'hands in hair' syndrome since then.

Last night I did my normal prepoo, wash and dc and I did an ACV rinse. I used a different shampoo this time (Ion inspired by nature Luxury Moisture Shampoo) and a different dc (Neutrogena Triple Moisture). My hair is now nice and balanced and has stopped its shedding. Can't wait to do it again next week!

Back