January 2017: Hits & Misses

Redken is funny. If you apply and rinse it's perfect. If you apply, let it sit and then rinse, it will feel stripped. Depends on build-up. For the winter, I let it sit; I get a lot of buildup. Other seasons just apply and rinse.

I barely use half a pump depending on the section of hair, but mine has been lumpy. I usually don't care. And it suds up well.

Catch the liter at Ul.ta this month while it's on sale for $14.99.
I agree with the applying and rinsing. When I use it like that, my hair doesn't feel stripped. I left it on for about three minutes one time, and my hair was like straw.

Hits
Nature's Gate Herbal and Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioners for co-washing
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals conditioner
Camille Rose Naturals Anjani pomade
Adding shikaikai powder to my tea rinses

Miss
All of the conditioners above are reformulated or discontinued
CurlMart logistics. I didn't get my 16 oz DB Pumpkin Seed conditioners or Camille Rose Naturals Cocoa Nibs & Honey Serums. They were available online but were actually out of stock when I ordered.
Sheamoisture changing the ingredients in the Raw Shea Butter Restorative Masque offered at WalMart

Hit:

Blow drying using a paddle brush.

I seen Reneice use in a denman in her blow dry special and I was all about mastering the art of brush blowdrying (I was a die-hard comb attachment user for years). The results seemed far sleeker/smooth then my results. The comb attachment gets the job done, but I wanted salon results. Tried the denman and to put it nicely....:nono:. I then watched the Glamtwinz334 straight hair routine and noticed they used a paddle brush. Luckily I had old Goody brush from my roller wrap days :lachen:. I tried it out and mannnnnnnnn..I'm sold. I just purchase a "fancier" one from Sally's with ceramic technology and I'm so excited to try it. My blow took 30 vs. my usual 45, so all in all I'm pretty satisfied.

Mostly a Hit: Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Natural No More Relaxer New Growth Creme - 6 oz.

Ingredients: Deionized water (Aqua), shea butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) peg 75, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate and Ethylhexyl Stearate and Trideceth-6, Fragrance (Parfum), Aloe Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Garacilaria Extract ( Allium Sativum), Honey, Marigold Extract ( Calendula Officinalis), Papaya Extract (Carica), Kiwi Extract (Actinidia Chinesis), Sweet Almond Extract (Prumus Amygdalus), Mango Extract (Manigifera Indica), Lime Extract (Citrus Aurantifolia), Alma Oil ( Emblica Officinalis), Argan Oil ( Argania Spinosa), Sea Grape Extract (Vitis Vinifera)

Those ingredients in red are the key in how this stuff works and it is the only hair product I have seen with them. I finally figured out how to use it—as a detangler and like a rinse-out. The main problem with it is the scent, which smells like mango candy in the jar, but not-so-good in my hair. It is also a little greasy, but that does not bother me; the tiny 6 oz container does. I am going to try to find or create another detangler because I get the feeling this will be discontinued at some point.

@Saludable84

Why are you not happy about this being a possible hit?

Somehow, I missed it has aloe in it. I was expecting it to knot up my hair at some point but it never did. Didn't dry it out either. My hair has been soft and tangle free. No build-up. Too good to be true. But it's still really nice. I almost want another jar.

The only other item with aloe I've ever had success with is Oyin Hair Dew. Komaza protein is another item with aloe that I love, but the aloe does cause slight build-up so by the next wash day, I have to mildly clarify to open my cuticles back up. I stick with it because it works, is strong and I don't need protein too much these days. And we will not talk about NurCreations.

Somehow, I missed it has aloe in it. I was expecting it to knot up my hair at some point but it never did. Didn't dry it out either. My hair has been soft and tangle free. No build-up. Too good to be true. But it's still really nice. I almost want another jar.

The only other item with aloe I've ever had success with is Oyin Hair Dew. Komaza protein is another item with aloe that I love, but the aloe does cause slight build-up so by the next wash day, I have to mildly clarify to open my cuticles back up. I stick with it because it works, is strong and I don't need protein too much these days. And we will not talk about NurCreations.

I swear that we have the same head of hair...

Hmm, sounds lke I have to add this one to my next cart :yep:

New Hit
APB's Matcha green tea spritz. This is the lightest ( in terms of consistency weight ) of all the liquid LI's and refreshers I've tried from them. It however moisturizes like nobody's business. It works great as a LI and as a refresher. I was presently surprised at how it performed. Definite repurchase.

Hit:
APB Hair and Body Butter-Strawberry Champagne- When I initially took a whiff, I thought it smells nice. I just showered and used it and after mixing with my body chemistry... it turned into... well let's just say my man wont stay off my neck :naughtycouch: and I smell :lick:.

Miss:
APB Hair and Body Butter-Strawberry Champagne- Only because the scent is not on the label but it was on the card that came in the box. So I will either have to write on the container or save the card to know what scent it is because I will definitely be getting other scents. I am not feeling either of those options.

Back