January 2016 What Did You Buy This Week?

Before the holidays I spent almost $100 to order the complete line from Pureology for curly hair. The delivery date was scheduled for the day after I headed out of town for 2 weeks. I asked my roommate to check the mail while I was gone so it wouldn't freeze outside. (I usually bring it in, she's not in the habit of checking the mail).

I come home 2 weeks later, ask her if my package came. She said leme go outside and check. Comes in with a big stack of bills and mail and my package. The products were frozen solid, and the leave-in ruptured.

Chemicals aren't supposed to freeze like that, it damages the formulation. (Ever froze milk before?) So I returned them all to the store for a refund and said they were all damaged. The receipt said they put all the products back on the shelf except the ruptured leave-in. Guess the sales girl didn't believe you're not supposed to freeze hair products. Someone is going to buy a damaged batch.

Before the holidays I spent almost $100 to order the complete line from Pureology for curly hair. The delivery date was scheduled for the day after I headed out of town for 2 weeks. I asked my roommate to check the mail while I was gone so it wouldn't freeze outside. (I usually bring it in, she's not in the habit of checking the mail).

I come home 2 weeks later, ask her if my package came. She said leme go outside and check. Comes in with a big stack of bills and mail and my package. The products were frozen solid, and the leave-in ruptured.

Chemicals aren't supposed to freeze like that, it damages the formulation. (Ever froze milk before?) So I returned them all to the store for a refund and said they were all damaged. The receipt said they put all the products back on the shelf except the ruptured leave-in. Guess the sales girl didn't believe you're not supposed to freeze hair products. Someone is going to buy a damaged batch.

That's ridiculous... You asked her to do 1 thing :lol: I don't check the mail often either though... That's one of the reasons I got in the habit of having my packages delivered to a PO Box so I don't have to worry. I got my mail stolen before from it being on my porch/in the mailbox by the street so that's another reason...

That's ridiculous... You asked her to do 1 thing :lol: I don't check the mail often either though... That's one of the reasons I got in the habit of having my packages delivered to a PO Box so I don't have to worry. I got my mail stolen before from it being on my porch/in the mailbox by the street so that's another reason...
It's like when you ask your kids to take the meat out the freezer and put it in the sink so it will be ready by the time you get home and they panic when they hear your keys at the door because they know they didn't do it.

From beauty brands:
1 litre sized of the matrix bioloage ultra nourishing shampoo.

From Esty:
NaturalShoppe Babassu naturals hair care pack which comes with a shampoo, conditioner and leave in. This pack is for curly hair types. Not sure why I bought this since it's a fairly new unheard of company with no written reviews located in Canada but I just wanted try something new.
I have the feeling that I made a mistake in purchasing this set. First, I received an email asking to confirm my address...which I did. Then on 5th, I asked when my items would ship since according to esty, the products should've shipped on the 4th...I received no answer. I might be a little too impatient but I paid with my money and expect at least some correspondence.

I have the feeling that I made a mistake in purchasing this set. First, I received an email asking to confirm my address...which I did. Then on 5th, I asked when my items would ship since according to esty, the products should've shipped on the 4th...I received no answer. I might be a little too impatient but I paid with my money and expect at least some correspondence.
@ms.blue
Please come back & update us on this. This doesn't sound good.:angry2:

Will do I emailed them about wanting a refund and still haven't heard nothing. I'm about to dispute.

@ms.blue

Good it's ETSY, because you can go right in and "Request A Cancellation" and you can cancel it right there. I've never had any problem doing that.

Hopefully, you'll get your Refund soon.

Taliah Waajid Children's Tangles Out Today. I was going to get the bodifier mist but I turned the bottle upside down and nothing moved :lol: My hair was not going to like that.

Lol! I saw that in the store recently too and was like wth?! I thought it was a liquid, looks like a gel

@CodeRed @Anaisin You should try the Protective Mist Bodifier. I learned from @shawnyblazes to dilute with Oyin Handmade Juices (Juices and Berries, Frank, or Greg) It also works with Shea Moisture's Coconut Hibiscus, Yucca and Kid's moisture mists.
My hair loves these combos. I dilute it 3:1 mist/PMB

@CodeRed @Anaisin You should try the Protective Mist Bodifier. I learned from @shawnyblazes to dilute with Oyin Handmade Juices (Juices and Berries, Frank, or Greg) It also works with Shea Moisture's Coconut Hibiscus, Yucca and Kid's moisture mists.
My hair loves these combos. I dilute it 3:1 mist/PMB
Yup, its really good and realllly moisturizing. You just need to dilute it down a little. Stretches it and gets it out the bottle lol

From Target:
2x Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave in Conditioner

I didn't find everything on my Dominican hair product wish list in New York. I completed my haul online.

From Beauty of New York 30% off sale:
2x 16oz Chocolacio conditioner
2x Chocolacio ampolla nutriva
16oz Chocolacio hair treatment
8 oz Chocolacio leave in
2x 8 oz Capilo Suela y Canela (Shoe sole & Cinnamon) creme conditioner
16 oz Capilo Suela y Canela rinse
16 oz Tropical Canela intensive cream conditioner
16 oz Alopecil Apretol Canela y Romero (Cinnamon & Rosemary) shampoo

@ms.blue

Good it's ETSY, because you can go right in and "Request A Cancellation" and you can cancel it right there. I've never had any problem doing that.

Hopefully, you'll get your Refund soon.
I did a chargeback today. If I had heard one response then I wouldn't have to take this measure. Oh and in keeping up with the theme of this thread, I bought sesame oil and GVP version of the matrix conditioning balm from the newly opened Sally's.

Soultanicals(from the sale)
Afrotastic Curl Elastic DC
Knot Sauce
Marula Marula Moisture Guru

Walgreens
V05 Clarifying Conditioner
Nunaat Curly Hair Intensive Treatment Hair Masque

Kriya Botanicals
Intense Rehab Deep Treatment Masque
Camu Camu Body Butter
Camu Camu Bar Soap
Camu Camu Body Polish

Wigtypes
5 wigs

Soultanicals(from the sale)
Afrotastic Curl Elastic DC
Knot Sauce
Marula Marula Moisture Guru

Walgreens
V05 Clarifying Conditioner
Nunaat Curly Hair Intensive Treatment Hair Masque

Kriya Botanicals
Intense Rehab Deep Treatment Masque
Camu Camu Body Butter
Camu Camu Bar Soap
Camu Camu Body Polish

Wigtypes
5 wigs

Have you received or used your Kriya Botanicals stuff yet?

Back