Jane Carter Solution Products (Looking for Feedback)

RelaxerRehab said:
Anyone use their products? Specifically the leave-in conditioner? Thanks a bunch!

http://www.janecartersolution.com/home.html

I currently use her poo and condish and alternate the leave-in, nourish & shine and the condition & sculpt. I give them all a thumbs-up. The leave-in is a bit watery, so I mainly use it in the summertime for my wash n gos. My hair gets very dry in the winter so I have to use a creamy leave-in then. HTH.

Good thread!

I want to try these too. My natural stylist uses these products. This was my first time having my hair done by this new stylist and she used the products on me. I saw the line in Whole Foods the other day. I will mos def try out the products.

I use both the conditioner and shampoo. I really like it. I have't tried the leave in. I like Garnier leave in very much.

My hair HATED the shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo caused tangles galore. The conditioner felt good going on my hair, but once I rinsed, there was no slip, no moisture, no nothing. :mad: I was very disappointed with both so I never bothered trying the leave-in.

In defense of the products, I used the remainder of the products on my doggy, and they did well on her hair. :look:

Her products are great and work for natural and relaxed hair. I've used the shampoo,conditioner, leave-in , nourish and shine and nourishing cream. There are better deep conditioners though, I must admit :)

I want to buy the Nourish and Shine. I sampled the tester in Whole Foods but they were out each time I went to pick some up. Must be pretty popular . . .

I've used the Nourish & Shine, and I do like it. My only gripe is that it turned gritty on me (because it's shea butter based). Be careful when ordering during the summer because it will melt during shipping, and when it cools, it'll be gritty. It would still be of good use though; just make sure to smooth out the "grits" by rubbing it between your palms.

Strange, cuz mine stayed smooth after cooling down. I just got sick and tired of the scent--so I haven't been using it.

If it weren't for the scent, I'd still use it--it has a nice consistency.

TSUprincess04 said:
I've used the Nourish & Shine, and I do like it. My only gripe is that it turned gritty on me (because it's shea butter based). Be careful when ordering during the summer because it will melt during shipping, and when it cools, it'll be gritty. It would still be of good use though; just make sure to smooth out the "grits" by rubbing it between your palms.

I use the nourish and shine and the scalp serum and I LOVE THEM!!!! The products smell great to me, a citrus fruity scent and it leave me hair soft for days. It is my staple moisturizer.

On my way to get my Jane Carter stuff....

I just started wearing twists/twistouts but my roots get puffy.

Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner
Twist & Lock
Wrap and Roll (Do I need this?)
Natural Hold Locking Spray (Do I need this?)

Only thing is that the Twist & Lock is $20!!! It would be nice to find a cheaper yet equally friendly ingredient product so I would appreciate any product recs. Thanks!

RelaxerRehab said:
On my way to get my Jane Carter stuff....

I just started wearing twists/twistouts but my roots get puffy.

Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner
Twist & Lock
Wrap and Roll (Do I need this?)
Natural Hold Locking Spray (Do I need this?)

Only thing is that the Twist & Lock is $20!!! It would be nice to find a cheaper yet equally friendly ingredient product so I would appreciate any product recs. Thanks!

I don't know that you need the Wrap & Roll and the Locking Spray. The Wrap & Roll is mainly used for wrapping and roller-setting and the Spray is used for heat styling. Just a heads up. I also do'nt know if you're paraben-free or not. If you don't mind parabens, ORS has a comprable product in a purple tub called Loct & Twist gel I believe. HTH.

GirlywithCurlies said:
I don't know that you need the Wrap & Roll and the Locking Spray. The Wrap & Roll is mainly used for wrapping and roller-setting and the Spray is used for heat styling. Just a heads up. I also do'nt know if you're paraben-free or not. If you don't mind parabens, ORS has a comprable product in a purple tub called Loct & Twist gel I believe. HTH.

Ok... cool! Thank you!

Back