Jamaican Mango and Lime Leave-In? What's all the fuss about? Yuck!

bluenude

I am so confused! I have read so many positive reviews on the Jamaican Mango and Lime Cactus Leave-In Moisturizer but when I used it yesterday it made my hair hard and full of knots! Before I put it in I deep conditioned w/ LeKair cholosterol (but my hair was fine before the moisturizer was put in so I don't think thats where the knots and stiffness originated).

Is it possible that I just put in too much moisturizer or is this the wrong product? Should I be using another one off of this product line?

That is very possible that you put too much in. Try again with only a quarter or even a dime sized amount. I find this true with alot of conditioners and moisturizers.

bluenude said:
I am so confused! I have read so many positive reviews on the Jamaican Mango and Lime Cactus Leave-In Moisturizer but when I used it yesterday it made my hair hard and full of knots! Before I put it in I deep conditioned w/ LeKair cholosterol (but my hair was fine before the moisturizer was put in so I don't think thats where the knots and stiffness originated).

Is it possible that I just put in too much moisturizer or is this the wrong product? Should I be using another one off of this product line?
I'm glad you brought this up, because I alternate between my moisturizers, and I do think that Jamacian Mango gives me more knots. I ran out and was going to buy more today, but I think I will pass.

bluenude said:

Oh wow!!! Now I finally feel liberated enough to say this: "I hated Jamaican Mango and Lime Cactus Leave-in Moisturizer!!!" I feel so free! I purchased a bottle because I was looking for a good creamy leave-in and it had been raved about on this board. However, after using the first time, my hair felt stripped, hard and unusally tangled. I tried it again after the next co-wash: same thing. Tried it on my daughter's 3a/b hair, EVEN WORSE! I finally sent it to another LHCF member who loves it. More power to those of y'all who can use it... Still looking for a good creamy leave-in...

It's just another one of those cases of everyone's hair reacting differently to different products. I actually use generous amounts on my natural hair with no problem.

sassyhair said:
That is very possible that you put too much in. Try again with only a quarter or even a dime sized amount. I find this true with alot of conditioners and moisturizers.

I so agree with you. I have never used this one, but I used to hate on the NTM one until I just stopped being so heavy handed. Now I love it (and it lasts longer!)

They have changed the formula. The old formula was clear and watery whereas the new formula is opaque and white. Most people have been raving over the old formula. I've heard that the Rasta group will be willing to revert back to the old formula if enough people expressed concern. I have tried both and there is a significant difference how my hair behaves!

I use both the old and new formula, but I also think the old formula was better. It was great for me as an added daily moisturizer during my transition. Haven't used as much as a natural.

so1913 said:
It's just another one of those cases of everyone's hair reacting differently to different products. I actually use generous amounts on my natural hair with no problem.

Same here :up:

I never use the mango and lime second after any product. After Cwing, I use it first, then put whatever other product on afterward. Any way, I've always believed that all products work differently for others. My hair loves petroleum, pink oil, mineral water..the bad lists goes on and on.:lol: Maybe your hair just hates the cactus and lime leave in. If u don't want it, you can send it to me.;)

so1913 said:

I just (30 seconds before logging on) used this for the umpteenth time and I love it. But I must admit, when I first started I thought the consistency was weird and I didn't like it. Now I'm a huge fan. Different strokes for different folks. :ohwell:

Back