Jamaican ladies come in here!

Khaiya

Do you all know Beautiful Earth Natural Hair Haven on Constant Spring road? The sell awesome ALL natural products and style natural hair, the owner really seems to care about healthy hair and even had a meetup this month! She's plannning another one end of January. Visit the fb page for products and pricing, the prices are not bad! Planning to make a trip there probably tomorrow before u all beat me there and clean her out :D

Oh ok just checked the products on FB.... I have a ton of shea butter and I make my own shea butter mixes. but Imma still check the place out, spread the word and support a sistah !!!!

Im liking the trend Im seeing !!!
back in the day, natural stuf for hair body or whatever was for ur ole time Granny or some true rasta , 12 tribe, or garveyites. Im liking the mainstreaming of natural products and especially if its from local inputs (coconut, castor oil, peppermint calendula etc) or atleast locally processed with some imported ingredients.

Oh ok just checked the products on FB.... I have a ton of shea butter and I make my own shea butter mixes. but Imma still check the place out, spread the word and support a sistah !!!!

Im liking the trend Im seeing !!!
back in the day, natural stuf for hair body or whatever was for ur ole time Granny or some true rasta , 12 tribe, or garveyites. Im liking the mainstreaming of natural products and especially if its from local inputs (coconut, castor oil, peppermint calendula etc) or atleast locally processed with some imported ingredients.

Yeah. My mum got a granny down the road to make some JBCO. She bottled it in a sterilised rum bottle. When my mum gave it to me it stunk like it had just come off the wood-fire!! :lachen: I smelt like burning wood whenever i put it in my hair.

I love the efforts the lady is putting in too, as I said she had a meetup last weekend and there will be another one last Sunday in January, I promised I'd stream it online for any of u that can't make it but let's try and meet up there!

for the ladies who arent sure of the exact location, its in the plaza with dominoes pizza, across from the new scotia bank at the top part of Constant Spring Road (like when u going towards Immaculate and the Tax office)

Im gonna go there today, thinking about ti now I believe someone had told me about this store already, I think its upstairs of the dominoes. I'll come back and verify after I visit today.

eta: yep its upstairs the dominoes pizza:yep:

Last edited:
Nice!! :yep: Thanks for the news OP

'bout time too. i'd love to see natural hair pop off in JA. honestly, out of Barbados, JA, trinidad, and tobago (separate from trinidad cuz racial mix is different) i thought Jamaican women showed the least pride in their natural hair. Bajans winning so far...

Glad to see this. maybe i'll be able to get my hair done when i'm there in Feb...

I just joined the FB page. I also told my Mum about it and next time she is in Kingston she will pay a visit.

I'm hoping to go and talk with her soon to get a feel of what she is really about. See how much she really cares about this stuff.

Seriously ladies, join the fb page, i'm gonna support her efforts on there cause i really want this phenomenon to spread across the island, and the Caribbean at large.

http://www.facebook.com/beautifulearthja

@SimJam how was it? Found anything interesting?

It was OK, I didnt buy anything though because the products are pretty basic, ie scented shea butter and oil blends, which I already make for myself.

I also wish she had a separate area for product display so that ppl who are there just to purchase products dont have to be jostling with clients while shopping. The shop is a bit small but she could utilize the space better.

she was very accomodating of all my questions though :grin: and I wished she was natural lol, but thats just me :look:

Last edited:
I think the proprietor has sister locs, not quite sure tho but I think she said something like that on the fb page.

I think the proprietor has sister locs, not quite sure tho but I think she said something like that on the fb page.

yes she has locs. Ive been following their FB updates... and Im hooked.:blush:

I was planning to make an appointment to get my hair corn rowed but Ive been having car problems and had to get that sorted before I start back work on friday.

you can even make appointments online :grin:

^Still haven't gotten around to going there yet *sigh* i do keep up with the site tho and yeh, love the fb updates :D Let me know how it works out if you do get cornrows there.

Back