J.F. FRIZZEASE WindDown Relaxing Creme Review

aloof one

So I was up in HEB and saw this on sale with a coupon and spent about 5 minutes in the isle giving it a once-over before I bought it. It comes in a purple container- its thick, creamy and white and you have to push the top for the goop to come out. I think it gets used up fast though because mine is already looking about 3/4 full after one use (which could be b/c I do have a lot of hair).

Do not use it on soaking wet hair. Let it dry for a min to where its damp and detangle first!

You put it on your hair before you blowdry or airdry, preferably after you detangle and comb through with a leave-in. Then you comb this stuff through or massage it in. I did not airdry with this, because I don't trust it that way, I blowdried.

When I combed my hair, it instantly was easier to comb through with lots of slip. My hair did decrease in volume after applying it and putting it into sections.

When I blowdried my hair in sections, it was amazingly easy to get my jibere comb through without tearing my hair out--- my hair wasn't extremely too soft, which is good because it didn't tear out due to mushiness. But it wasn't too hard either, so it didn't crunch and break.

After combing my hair after blowdrying, I realized my hair was a lot easier to get through than before. It was large and in charge wanna-be fro (with about 3-4 inches of relaxed hair hanging off...) but it was a lot more manageable to straighten afterward. I found it much easier to detangle while I straightened with my finer tooth comb, and the straightening comb and my CHI went through a lot better- I want to say the glided, but about 4 times they did get caught (but only because my 4b hair was clutching onto them).

So bottom line--- if you have anything looser than 4a/4b this product will do wonders for you--- my 3b and 3c parts of my hair were :drunk: it was so easy to detangle and straighten after that. My 4a sections were doing great as well, but my 4b hair was the same as always. I don't want to say my 4b hair laughed at the creme, but it was rather laughing with it. My Biosilk made up for whatever the creme didn't do--- but I'm glad the creme did something and plan to use it everytime I straighten to make life easier and keep me from Texlaxing. It is kind of like doing the coconut lime relaxer without all the coconuts and lime:grin:, so next time I wanna do that, I just may waltz into HEB and grab me some more of this--- a lot less messy!

Also, I tried TRESemme smooth & silky Deep Smoothing Masque and was pleasantly surprised. You will notice I mentioned I had some 3b hair in the mix--- I didn't find it until I used this stuff. Apparently I had some gigantic curls in the back that I had mistaken for being frizzy straight/4b or some kind of hair... So I put this masque on for a half hour mixed with some Pantene Breakage Defense... took the shower cap off and saw a buch of bouncy curly and wavy hair in the back. Sharp contrast to the 4b I have on my front... I have no idea still what I will look like natural. The masque made my hair feel very soft though. Its a keeper as well- very cheap too!:yep:

thanks for the review cuz i just bought this stuff yesterday at cvs.

I need something to help me stretch to 20 weeks (im at 12 now). even tho i have 4a/b hair, its very fine...so hopefully it works!

thanks for the review cuz i just bought this stuff yesterday at cvs.

I need something to help me stretch to 20 weeks (im at 12 now). even tho i have 4a/b hair, its very fine...so hopefully it works!

I think it works better on fine hair but Im not sure (I may have the definition wrong). I hope it works for you though! If not it will do something, lol. It didn't do exactly what it said but it did enough for me to keep it until I find something better!:yep:

This stuff is similar to the Blow Dry Creme he had in his JF Relax line. I used it when I was relaxed and it was good. :yep:

I airdried with it overnight and my waves came out a lot looser (and my 4b hair actually lost all the frizz and laid completely down. Its all shiny and a looser texture. Maybe I'll take pics later but I have to go to class:look:

I think it did a great job--- its not necessarily a leave-in because you have to wait for your hair to dry a bit before you use it. Its a styling aid.

Oh yea, I am thinking that I will continue to purchase this and try other products from his line now:yep:

definitely not for thicker strands... this product did nothing for me a year and a half ago, but my sis has fine hair and loved it. :perplexed

Back