I've stretched my relaxer for six months.......

WhipEffectz1

and today is the anniversary! I don't know how I've been able to do it but I have with barely any breakage. However, I am going to get it relaxed this week. I can't wait to see what six months have in store for me. Wish me luck girls!

Congratulations on your six months of relaxer stretch!!! :clapping:

What was your regimen during the stretching? How did you keep your new growth soft and managable?

I'm only 3 1/2 weeks post relaxer and already have a lot of new growth after coming to this board and learning how to take care of my hair. I would like to be able to strech for as long as I can. I normally go 7-8 weeks, but I'm going to shoot for 12 weeks this time around.

Please update us when you get your hair done.

Last edited:
:dance7: Congrats!!!!!!
Yes, please let us know what your regimen has been!
I too am aiming for 6 months but was just looking at ending my stretch at 5 months... I'm only one week shy of two months so I'll see. I am getting braids next week so I can't wait to see how your hair comes out after the relaxer!!
:clap:

WhipEffectz1 said:
and today is the anniversary! I don't know how I've been able to do it but I have with barely any breakage. However, I am going to get it relaxed this week. I can't wait to see what six months have in store for me. Wish me luck girls!

Congrats!!!!:grin:
May will be my six month mark, and then I'm getting my relaxer in June!!! I'm excited for what six months is going to bring me as well!!! YAY!!!

:dance7:

:bouncy: CONGRATULATIONS! :bouncy:

Bte, I just checked out your albums and you're a very pretty young lady! :yep:

:clap: U GO GIRL!!! You are brave. Not a lot of women can do this! :weird: I really want to cheer you on because it isn't an easy feat, I think I lasted six months before I gave in!Good luck to you in all your hair goals! :trampolin

6 month stretchers. please post ur results!!! i am on a six month stretch too--aug. is nesxt touch up--just in time for my 28th birthday *yikes*

Congrats! :) I had a goal of 26 weeks, but I broke down and decided to relax at 12 weeks, because my hair was getting more unruly by the week! I think I will stick to 12 to 16 weeks at the most. When I did relax, I lost a handful of hair-literally. I guess it was shed hair, and since I was using a wide-tooth comb for about 2 months, it didn't catch all the hair. I can't imagine losing more than that (its such a shocker to see that much hair in the drain) in a longer stretch! My next stretch will be aided by cornrows, I think.

Thanks everyone! Time and patience has indeed been my friend since finding a protective style for my hair wasn't always an easy task. Through the whole time, I basically alternated between sewn weaves and cornorws under instant weave (which I did most of the time because I find it more flexible and cheaper). Using the instant weave, I was also able to do the baggie method because I would apply a curl cap over my braids, cover with a wig cap, and apply the instant weave. By doing this I left a small portion of my hair at the front out. By doing this I was keeping my hair very moisturized and keeping those evil combs in the instant weave from breaking my edges out.As for having a regimem, I washed my hair at least once a week, kept my hair moisturized and ends covered with oil/wrap. i used Surge but really don't attribute it to anything. My hair has been out of braids since last month and maintaining it has been kind of hard but once I left it alone it was alright. It was simple because you know what they say, "slow, steady, and simple wins the race! " I will post pics Thursday.

Last edited:
Back