I've learned my lesson: Jus say no to the baggy!

Kurlee

I realize that I jus CANT baggy. I tried baggyying overnight a few days this week and the next morning my hair was a hot mess. Weird texture (think rotten wood). I got sooooooooooo much shedding and my hair felt DRYER. I baggied using shealoe mixed with some STA-Fro. Well all i have to say is hell no!

My hair is soooooo dry, if baggying can't help what else can i do on the daily, besides conditioner washing to moisturize?

Yeah i decided that the baggie method was not for me either:eek: . I wear my hair in an up do w/ my ends tucked in everyday to work so I just moisturize the ends w/ a creamy moisturizer and seal w/ oil. I just make sure I dont over due it do to my fine strands....:mad:

Kurlee said:
I realize that I jus CANT baggy. I tried baggyying overnight a few days this week and the next morning my hair was a hot mess. Weird texture (think rotten wood). I got sooooooooooo much shedding and my hair felt DRYER. I baggied using shealoe mixed with some STA-Fro. Well all i have to say is hell no!

My hair is soooooo dry, if baggying can't help what else can i do on the daily, besides conditioner washing to moisturize?

Sounds like you're using too much product....and possibly the wrong products. My hair came out like that when I first tried bagying. But I found that if you use very little product it works great! I use Elucence MB or salerm 21 (very little about the size of a quarter) and seal with a little coconut oil, my hair turns out perfect! :love:
Also I only baggy about 3-4 nights a week-not every night. Or you may be right- maybe your hair does not like baggying.

I picked up some hair clips at target that I just use to clip my hair up. I just make sure my ends are tucked in. Kind of like a french roll.

Kurlee said:
tuck them away how? Like pin them away or use the ponytail holder to fold them over?

lol @ rotten wood, i know EXACTLY what you talkin bout too . i tried baggying with a SHOWER CAP one time and the next morning my edges were eat and the rest of my hair was matted . i was so scared to comb it out. now i just put the moisturixer on my ends and spritz a little wonder 8 oil and do my cross wrap , and when i get up my ends are oftem smoother and softer....until the humidity hits it when i go outside :D but those few minutes when i first get up and touch my hair feel like im in heaven lol

Thnaks for the responses so far ladies, i dunno, back in my relaxed days, this woulda worked like a charm, but now that im natural, my hair is so fussy! Im scared to try it again with diff products

i tried to baggy a little while ago. I put maybe about two teaspoons of oil in a bag and let my hair do what it was supposed to do. But the extra oil really irritated my scalp and made it more itchy. One day I guess my hair was tired of soaking up the oil. I had oil running down my face! (I like to keep my ponytails high.

Spraying oil on and then covering or wrapping the hair sounds like a nice alternative. And let's not forget good ole' fashioned hot oil treatments.

ajoyfuljoy said:
i tried to baggy a little while ago. I put maybe about two teaspoons of oil in a bag and let my hair do what it was supposed to do. But the extra oil really irritated my scalp and made it more itchy. One day I guess my hair was tired of soaking up the oil. I had oil running down my face! (I like to keep my ponytails high.

Spraying oil on and then covering or wrapping the hair sounds like a nice alternative. And let's not forget good ole' fashioned hot oil treatments.

hot oil treatments are good, but try a moisturizer when you baggy next time and see how it works. then used the oil to seal in the moisture.regular oil dries some peoples hair out when put on plain by itself. like it may feel soft and everything right then , but then it wears off and the hair is drier than before.

My transitioning hair liked the baggy, but my natural hair is not that enamoured. My hair seems to be just fine with a moisture spritz under a heavy butter (my hair doesn't like heavy oils very much) and either just sleep with it twisted up or under a bonnet/headwrap.

Baggying was not for me either. I think if you have fine and or porous hair, you should avoid baggying. I am still recovering from the damage from baggying. My hair likes to be moisturized but not wet for long periods of time.

Sorry t ohear you guys aren't having success with the baggying method..just goes to show not everything is for everyone

Back