I've jumped on the phony pony bandwagon

Cheleigh

Okay, I've had one weave in my life, and I've never worn a phony ponytail. But, I've been encouraged by the photos of women on LHCF to jump into the fray and purchase my first ponys. The results were pretty good. It gives me a chance to change my look, and it's sort of fun. I would have never tried this had it not been for you ladies. :D

On this one, I love the texture and the weight, but got the wrong color (even after the woman suggested that I should go with a 1B, LOL). Anyway, I dyed it this weekend, but dyed it a little too dark, so I'm going to eat crow and buy the same pony, but in a 1B. :lachen: Sooo, pretend that it's the same pony, but in my color. This one is human hair.

174843500.jpg

This one is the right color, but it's a little heavier, so I don't like it as much. Also, I'm not balding, but my hair looks thick only until I pull it back severely--then you can see that I just have a lot of hair strands, rather than a lot of thick hair.

174843506.jpg

It's very cute!

If it's too big, you can thin it out a bit... not sure exactly how to do that, but I know it's possible....

Edited to ask: what is the name of the ponytail you got? The ones I have found are either too tight or too loose in curl....

Last edited:
Me too, me too. I've never worn any of my phonies more than once. They just looked too fake. I finally found one (actually BamaBelle did) that I really love. I've worn it almost everyday since it arrived in the mail.

There's the thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=94520

I was so tired of the bun, but I didn't want my hair exposed. They really are a terrific protective style.

Last week I bought 3 different styles. I relaxed my hair for the first time in 13 weeks and was pleased with the growth so I wanted to find a cute protective style that would let me keep my hands out of my hair.

Mine are by Free Tress and I recommend them to anybody. They're not human hair but they don't look so wiggy that they make you self conscious.

I just love them to pieces! Wish I'd tried them sooner.

I also bought one, it's synthetic and I know it looks fake but I love it,I wear a baggie under it with ORS OLive oil and some salerm 21. I have lots of grey hair( it's almost white at some points along the hairline, I'm 34) and I was so sick and tired of dyeing the new growth almost every 2 weeks, so I also bought an Instant Haircolor Touch-up stick in Black, no more grey hairs
here's a pic

Attachments

• DSCF0930.JPG
    DSCF0930.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0917.JPG
    DSCF0917.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0919.JPG
    DSCF0919.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 22
Back