i've had it

chebaby

today i've decided that on thursday i am going to get a relaxer. i havent had one in seven months but i keep finding little knots in my hair that are driving me crazy. i wear me hair straight everyday and i comb my hair everyday so to find knots is kinda like:ohwell:. i think the new groth when it sheds must get tangled around the relaxed hair. its the only thing i can come up with. so im going to relaxed. im afraid because of all the stories i've heard on here but the good thing is that the lady thats going to do it has been giving me relaxers for the last seven years. maybe a little longer.

heres what im going to do:
i normally wash every three days, one a co wash and the other a shampoo and deep condition. i will leave my curls in for a week this time. when it comes time to was i will clarify with keracare first lather. then wash with paul mitchell the wash then im thinking of doing a hair protein. maybe aphogee or joico, any ideas? then i will follow up with keracare humecto, leave in conditioner and rollerset.

does that sound good?
i know since its been seven months my hair needs to be babied after the relaxer. anything else i need to do?

Your reggie sounds good! WOW, 7 months???

1-3 weeks before you relax, do a strong protein like Aphogee and follow up with a moisturizing dc. That Aphogee ''moisturizing'' (using that term very loosely here) sucks and has either mineral oil or petroleum in it (can't remember which one) How is something gonna penetrate and moisturize your hair if it's full of mineral oil?

Anywho, do that before you relax and then do a medium protein treatment like Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor 2-3 weeks after you relax. A lot of women have experienced reversion when using protein too soon after a relaxer, so it's best to wait 2-3 weeks after your relaxer to do one. Also, the next wash post relaxer, wash your hair with a neutralizing poo just to be sure all of the relaxer is out of your hair

After I rinse out the relaxer, and before I neutralize, I like to wash my hair (lathering twice) with Porosity Control poo. It softens my hair while quickly bringing the ph of the hair down

Last edited:
i'm in the SAME boat i haven't relaxed since the very end of OCT, and im counting down the days till my next touch up, i would do like the pp said with aphogee treatment a week or 2 before a relaxer, but i normally use my 2-min reconstructor immediately after rinsing my relaxer, then neutralize a few(well more than a few) times, and then DC

Your reggie sounds good! WOW, 7 months???

1-3 weeks before you relax, do a strong protein like Aphogee and follow up with a moisturizing dc. That Aphogee ''moisturizing'' (using that term very loosely here) sucks and has either mineral oil or petroleum in it (can't remember which one) How is something gonna penetrate and moisturize your hair if it's full of mineral oil?

Anywho, do that before you relax and then do a medium protein treatment like Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor 2-3 weeks after you relax. A lot of women have experienced reversion when using protein too soon after a relaxer, so it's best to wait 2-3 weeks after your relaxer to do one. Also, the next wash post relaxer, wash your hair with a neutralizing poo just to be sure all of the relaxer is out of your hair

After I rinse out the relaxer, and before I neutralize, I like to wash my hair (lathering twice) with Porosity Control poo. It softens my hair while quickly bringing the ph of the hair down
thanx for the response. is a neutralizing shampoo the same as a clarifying shampoo? and i dont have weeks to do a protein treatment:ohwell:. im gonna get it done in 3 days but thats good to know for future references. i think im gonna use the mizani night time treatment for the next few days because thats like a protein treatment. im gonna use it after the relaxer too because after the relaxer she presses and curls my hair. when i deep condition i want to use something that i know will work because keracare is kind of wishy washy. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

just wanted to reply thats its been exactly one month and i have not relaxed. after this post i decided not to because i really wanted to go natural and my hair had thinned out from relaxers so bad that if i turned my head you could see straight through to my scalp. right now i co wash everyday so i havent had the urge to relax and i will never relax again. just wanted to share.

Back