I've got cornrows now!!!

ms_kenesha

I\'ve got cornrows now!!!

On Saturday I went to the salon inside my local BSS and had them cornrow my hair using extensions. I have 12 medium sized cornrows with 5 clear beads on each braid. My hair was tight on the 1st day and less tight on the 2nd and now it feels pretty good. Before I got my hair braided I did a root wash with Elucence MB shampoo and a protein conditioner with Nexxus Emergencee because I thought my hair could use it with my getting it put in braids, but I had forgotten that Emergencee is a bit hardcore so my hair started to get very hard. I followed with Humecto for 15 minutes and then At One for 3 minutes, my hair when dry was a lot drier than it was prior which I atribute to the Emergencee. Please tell me that I did more help than harm to my hair!
nono.gif

I bought the Dark & Lovely Citrus Hyrdrating Braid Spray because I know that it works really well. I hijacked the African Pride Braid Shampoo and a Braid Conditioner (forgot the brand) from my mom & sister.

I hope to keep these in for at least 3-4 weeks. I am on the sixth week of my relaxer right now.

Re: I\'ve got cornrows now!!!

That's great Ms Kenesha.. I'll bet you'll get a lot of growth while in these braids
smile.gif
. OH and that braid spray is a good choice. I used to put it in my daughter's hair and it left it very soft and moisturizing.

Sounds like you have a great plan. You hair will love taking a bit of a rest. Good luck to you. Grow hair Grow!

good luck on yo hair growth ms kenesha hope that the cornrows help give yo hair a rest and that wen u take them out u'll be pleasantly surprised!!

Ngaa & DSD, I too think this will be a nice rest for my hair.

Has anyone else done an intense protein before getting braids? Will this help or hinder? Thx in advance
smile.gif

I am such a hair nut....I already miss being able to touch and play in my hair
cry3.gif
But oh well for me I'm going to stick it out, this is probably exactly what my hair needs a break from me messing with it
laugh.gif

Back