I've finally found the thick, creamy leave-in I've been looking for!!!!

kweenameena

I've been searching high and low for a really thick (and I mean thick) leave in for my dry, thirsty hair. I went to Beauty 4 U (in MD) this weekend to get my bi-weekly PJ fix and to get some raw shea butter. I saw this leave in by Shea Moisture. I had a lotion by them but never tried their hair products. I also picked up some Liquid Moisture oil by Barry Fletcher (It smells divine) www.barryfletcherproducts.com . So last night I washed and conditioned as usual. I put a bit of the shea moisture leave in on my hair after my final rinse but I put it on my damp hair while I was still in the shower. I had to take the top off to get it out because it's so thick. I sealed with the liquid moisture oil and put my hair into 6 big braids and went to sleep.

I woke up with moisturized, shiny, soft hair. I usually wake up with dry, dull, ashy looking hair. I didn't have to add anything else to my hair this morning. Except a little fantasia IC for my edges. My hair feels so healthy.

You can buy this product at afrikanrepublic.com.
They have a website: www.sheamoisture.com although I can't seem to get it to work for me while I'm at work.
Hopefully this leave-in will work for someone else as well. I know that there are quite a few of us looking for a better leave-in.
toodles!
-Kween

I've used the Shea Moisture leave in a long time ago. It smells good, and it works good. It's nice and moisturizing.

Congrats on finding a great product to use for your hair. Things are so much easier once you've found your staple hair products.

Girl I love me some Shea Moisture...its smells heavenly and it works so well. You can even use it as a daily moisturizer:grin:

I've used the Shea Moisture leave in a long time ago. It smells good, and it works good. It's nice and moisturizing.
It does smell good. The barry fletcher liquid drops smell great. The smell reminds me of Patient1's oils that I used to buy. Either the citrus one or the signature samadhi. I think it's the citrus one. I need to find out if her store is back up.
Congrats on finding a great product to use for your hair. Things are so much easier once you've found your staple hair products.
Thanks. I'm so happy because detangling was a breeze and my hair was so soft this morning.
Girl I love me some Shea Moisture...its smells heavenly and it works so well. You can even use it as a daily moisturizer:grin:
Now I should :spank: you. I didn't know you used this. You know I stalk you to find products that are good for my hair since your hair reminds me of mine. I tried the sunsilk that ladylibra used since her hair is like mine too, but it just makes my hair feel wet and moisturized for the moment.
Btw, when are you getting up your fotki?

It does smell good. The barry fletcher liquid drops smell great. The smell reminds me of Patient1's oils that I used to buy. Either the citrus one or the signature samadhi. I think it's the citrus one. I need to find out if her store is back up.

Thanks. I'm so happy because detangling was a breeze and my hair was so soft this morning.

Now I should :spank: you. I didn't know you used this. You know I stalk you to find products that are good for my hair since your hair reminds me of mine. I tried the sunsilk that ladylibra used since her hair is like mine too, but it just makes my hair feel wet and moisturized for the moment.
Btw, when are you getting up your fotki?

:rofl::rofl::badgirl:

Fotki....what's that?:hide:

I've used this before and I loved it for a while. I stopped using it cause it doesn't play nice with my hair gels. Maybe I should re-visit since I need the moisture.

I've used this before and I loved it for a while. I stopped using it cause it doesn't play nice with my hair gels. Maybe I should re-visit since I need the moisture.
Which gels were you using? I only used a little bit of gel on my edges so I didn't see anything crazy yet. But if I do...then the gels have to go!

Back