I've discovered a way to ditch my flatiron even with natchal hurr

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I usually straighten with my blowdryer and then my flatiron every two weeks. Well, with summer about to hit us hard i'm not going to waste my time (except maybe on occassion).

On Monday night I washed my hair and conditioned, then I blowdried my hair with Giovanni direct leave in and the chi serum on medium heat. After that I put my hair in about 15 bantu's. The next morning I had the thickest, fluffiest curls ever. Not sleek like I used my flatiron of course, but so thick and lush :lick:.

This is going to be my go to style so I can wear my hair out without using the flatiron. I am so stoked. Usually I do bantu's on wet hair but due to the shrinkage it's not the look I desire. This blowdry method is everything I wanted and more and will save me from the flatiron. Also, I don't worry about my hair reverting or me sweating :grin:

My hair is 4aish and natchal so ladies this will definitely work on our naps:yep: Have I been sleeping on this process????? If so, why yall ain't told me about this?

Good idea, Bre! I woulda never thought to do bantu knots on dry hair! How long does the style last?

I will post pics in a couple of hours :yep: Keep in mind that this picture will reflect my hair after 4 or 5 days since i washed and blowdry'd so it' isn't as fresh

Last edited:
I usually straighten with my blowdryer and then my flatiron every two weeks. Well, with summer about to hit us hard i'm not going to waste my time (except maybe on occassion).

On Monday night I washed my hair and conditioned, then I blowdried my hair with Giovanni direct leave in and the chi serum on medium heat. After that I put my hair in about 15 bantu's. The next morning I had the thickest, fluffiest curls ever. Not sleek like I used my flatiron of course, but so thick and lush :lick:.

This is going to be my go to style so I can wear my hair out without using the flatiron. I am so stoked. Usually I do bantu's on wet hair but due to the shrinkage it's not the look I desire. This blowdry method is everything I wanted and more and will save me from the flatiron. Also, I don't worry about my hair reverting or me sweating :grin:

My hair is 4aish and natchal so ladies this will definitely work on our naps:yep: Have I been sleeping on this process????? If so, why yall ain't told me about this?

I am going to try this. I usually flat iron every other week as well, but again like you said that's not going to work during the summer. Thanks for the idea.

For several months, I have been blowdrying my natural hair every two weeks and I don't flat iron afterwards. I just braid it up on some nights and then unravel. My hair comes out big, fluffy, and soft.

Back