Its Too Much Too Bad

ALICIALYNN

IS USING ALOT OF DIFFERENT PRODUCTS ON YOUR HAIR BAD? I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND DUMB BUT IS THERE A SUCH THING AS TAKING TOO MUCH CARE OF YOUR HAIR? THIS IS MY REGIMEN AND TELL ME IF IM OVER-DOING IT.

SUNDAYS: DO I 2 HOUR PREE -POO WITH OLIVE OIL (JUST STARTED THIS) AND I WASH AND CONDITION WITH PANTENE PRO-V (RELAXED AND NATURAL) DO A DEEP CONDITION WITH MANE AND TAIL.THEN I USE PANTENE PRO-V (r&l) DALIY OIL MOISTURIZER, WGHO, OLIVE OIL, HERBAL OIL, CASTOR OIL, AND JOBOA OIL. THEN I SURGE...THEN WRAP

MONDAY
- UNWRAP AND GO.....LATER THAT NIGHT I OIL IT AND SURGE IT
TUESDAY- (SAME AS MONDAY)
WESNDAY- DO A CO WASH WITH SUAVE COCONUT CONDITIONER OR VO5. DO ANOTHER DEEP CONDITIONER WITH MANE AND TAIL CONDITIONER. USE SAME PRODUCTS AND SURGE. BLOW DRY AND WRAP
THURSDAY- (SAME AS mONDAY)
FRIDAY- (SAME AS MONDAY)
SATURDAY- (SAME AS WENSDAY)

AM I USING TOO MANY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS BECAUSE I HEARD THAT CAN CAUSE BREAKAGE.????? DO U THINK I NEED TO ADD ANYTHING OR TAKE AWAY ANYTHING FROM MY REGIMEN???? THANKS ALOT

Well I'm not much of an authority on this subject or anything, but you know the old saying, too much of a good thing... :ohwell:

On the other hand if it's working for you why give it up? :look:

:eek: Sticky Caps?

Using a lot of product doesn't necessarily equal better hair care. Play around with different products until you find what your hair needs vs what you feel like layering on top. When oiling hair, you don't really need more than a quarter-sized amount for half your head. You don't have to saturate your hair to moisturize it.

I notice you do a 2hr pre-poo with olive oil. Have you thought about using the Pantene conditioner right on top of the olive oil and leaving that on for 2 hrs? That's what I do (different cond., though) and it's worked very well for me.

It looks like you're using a lot of oil at once all on one day. Since you have so many, you can try rotating them, using a different one each week.

If it's working for you (try it out for a solid two weeks to a month to see) keep on keepin' on, if not, ween yourself on to something different.

You certainly don't have to have a bare-bones regimen to have heathly hair.

Last edited:
I believe in overkill.

your routine is fine if its working for you. I think that you are supposed to at least rinse your hair daily if you use surge though so be careful.

Thank Yall For The Advice And I Will Try Doing The Evoo And Conditioner. I'll Tell You How It Works Out. And I Think I Will Stick To The Pantene Pro-v Line Because It Seems To Be Doing Good For My Hair. Thank You All

Hey,
I actually had this same concern- I've heard there's such thing as overconditioning which can in fact weaken your strands. So I suppose hair is like goldilocks- got to find the amount that's just right. I don't really feel qualified to offer advice being a newbie but after awhile, all the products just sit on top of my hair anyway. Just curious-are you blowdrying your hair twice a week?- I didn't see how you style on Sunday. Because if so, that could be a problem more than the products. What's working for me is using S-curl at least once a day, moisturizing the ends with oil, and conditioner washes 1 a week and using WGO after washing.

Last edited:
kristina said:
Hey Poohbear,
Just curious-are you blowdrying your hair twice a week?- I didn't see how you style on Sunday. Because if so, that could be a problem more than the products. What's working for me is using S-curl at least once a day, moisturizing the ends with oil, and conditioner washes 1 a week and using WGO after washing.

I stopped blowdrying my hair last year. ;) You may have me mixed up with someone else. Right now, I've started putting my hair in a ponytail after washing once a week. I love S-Curl and WGO too! :)

Back